Growth: the cost and digital imperative
Deloitte Global CPO Survey 2017
The Deloitte Global CPO Survey 2017 covers the state of play in key procurement issues, with insights from over 450 CPOs. This year’s procurement survey covers key themes and challenges facing the procurement function, including market dynamics, value delivery, collaboration, digital procurement and in particular, talent. The CPO survey also includes a summary of key, international insights with infographics on results by industry and region.
Key findings of this year’s survey are:
- Cost reduction remains the top priority for CPOs as they look to support growth in an uncertain market
- 58% of organisations achieved better savings performance than last year
- 75% of respondents have executive support for procurement, which should help procurement achieve its business partnering ambitions
- 65% of respondents believe that analytics will have the largest digital impact
- 75% of respondents believe that their role in delivering digital strategy will increase in the future
- Whilst there is an increased requirement for more leadership and digital skills there is limited change in the investment or approach to close the talent gap
- We are now seeing that the traditional procurement operating model probably has to change. This has been driven by a lack of talent and an increase in digital innovation.