8 startups selected for intense scaling program led by Deloitte and ING
After an intense selection day, the Think Forward Initiative selected 8 startups to participate in the Accelerator Hub.
6 December 2018
The Accelerator Hub is a 5-month programme for promising startups that helps them grow their capacity and capabilities. After an elaborate global scouting phase 15 startups were shortlisted. They were invited to attend the selection day at the office of TFI’s new partner: Amazon Web Services. Joep Arends, Director Deloitte Consulting: "The purpose of today was to find the startups that match the TFI program to make sure we have the best startups in a program to help us achieve our goal to reach one hundred million people and empower them to make better financial decisions."
Each startup was asked to pitch their propositions to a panel consisting of judges from various TFI partners. After the judges got an impression of all the propositions, each startup was invited for a one-on-one interview with the judges. This allowed the judges to decide which startups align with the purpose of the TFI and would be suitable for the growth track.
We are proud to welcome the following startups to the Accelerator Hub:
• 2Houses – An app that helps divorced people keep track of expenses for their children.
• BillButler – A service that combines all your utility bills in one place, and helps you find cheaper services where possible.
• ERNIT – A children’s allowance app with an accompanying app for the parent, using gamification to show children the value of money.
• Minna Technologies – Gives you an overview of all your subscriptions in one place by analyzing your expenses, and helps you find and cancel any subscriptions you do not need.
• Moneyhub – Uses nudging to help you save, and flags any unusual transfers from your account to make sure no money is “leaking”.
• Peerby – A sharing platform allowing people to rent equipment, rather than having to buy it.
• Spenderlog – An app that scans your (digital) receipts, and automatically categorizes what you have bought to give you more insight into your expenses.
• Zuper – Based on your financial health score, they help you manage and improve your personal budget.
"I appreciated the different partners and perspectives. It was a good mix of participants and a lot of interaction between people, because, in the end, it’s all about people”
- Joakim Sjoblom, Minna Technologies
Last January, the growth track will kick-off. Stay tuned for our next article on what the growth track entails! This track helps the start-ups to scale faster and runs simultaneously in two parts. Read more.
About the Think Forward Initiative
The Think Forward Initiative, founded by ING, Deloitte, DELL EMC, Dimension Data, and the CEPR, aims to help people make better financial decisions.
The objective is to empower 100 million consumers by helping them making better financial decisions. Within the initiative, Deloitte is the key lead innovation partner. This includes leading the accelerator programme, in which we help 8 startups to scale faster.
"I love the Think Forward Initiative. Empowering people who wouldn’t naturally find a way to understand their money better is a passion I have”
- Samantha Seaton, CEO Moneyhub
About the Deloitte Impact Foundation
The Think Forward Initiative is supported by the Deloitte Impact Foundation. The Deloitte Impact Foundation enables Deloitte employees to apply their knowledge, energy and talents to make a positive impact on three societal themes: education, social innovation and sustainable society. Our employees can spend 1% of their working time on projects of the Deloitte Impact Foundation. For more information go to: www.deloitteimpactfoundation.nl.
For questions about the growth track please reach out to Peter van Loon or Joep Arends by means of the contact details below.