Supply Management and Digital Procurement has been saved
Supply Management and Digital Procurement
Tap into the potential of sourcing and procurement
Sourcing and procurement is undergoing radical and rapid change that is altering the way businesses view it as a function. New strategies, skills, knowledge and tools are emerging to address today’s — and tomorrow’s — growing challenges and opportunities.
Over the past two decades, the main mission of procurement has broadened from cost leadership and security of supply to a strategic value driver, which provides key decision-making insights. Today, disruptive supply chain technologies and analytics are bringing new strength to this strategic role, making the future of sourcing and procurement all the more exciting!
Deloitte’s supply management and digital procurement team can help you to develop executable strategies that drive value from third-party spend through category management strategies, supplier management, strategic sourcing of indirect and direct materials, and tech-enabled procurement transformation. We’ve created a network of global digital procurement centers supported by a flexible deployment model of category experts that leverage intelligent platforms, advanced analytics, and a next-generation digital toolset that includes cognitive computing, machine learning and robotic process automation.
We offer a wide range of sourcing and procurement services from strategy to implementation…
- Direct and indirect materials sourcing – We help companies assess potential areas of savings relating to both indirect SG&A costs as well as direct cost of goods sold, and support implementation activities, such a tendering and negotiations.
- Procurement process optimization – We bring best practices to help companies harmonize, standardize and optimize their processes for sourcing, contracting, contract and supplier management and buying, increasing the efficiency and compliance of procurement.
- Tech-enabled digital transformation – We analyze a company’s procurement operating model and offer an informed and agnostic point of view on how various technologies can enable processes and lay the groundwork for future capabilities. We have deep experience and alliances with Procurement solution providers and can help you end-to-end on the journey from tool selection up to and including implementation.
- Mergers and acquisition-related services – We work with companies throughout the M&A life cycle to help them take advantage of integration and procurement synergies in acquisitions.
- Extended business relationship management – We help companies build the capabilities to connect buyers and sellers in innovative ways and to help them exploit opportunities for win-win collaborations.
...to unlock value and secure benefits for your organization, including…
- Reduction in TCO by achieving savings in indirect costs (around SG&A) and direct costs of goods sold.
- Accelerated innovation through technologies to streamline sourcing and procurement processes while improving management and control capabilities.
- Improved sustainability from incorporating a total-cost point of view, which evaluates the long-term sustainability aspects of a purchase in addition to the short-term price-related impact.
- Strengthened risk management capabilities and improved compliance with legislation, regulation and company policy, through streamlined and best-practice processes.
- Enhanced organizational efficiency and effectiveness of people, processes and technologies through transformation of the procurement process.
We have a wealth of experience in supporting our clients to future-proof their sourcing and procurement capabilities:
- We supported a multinational specialty chemicals company creating products in the fields of Nutrition and Health with the design of a global procurement process template and the worldwide roll-out of new tooling
- We supported a leading independent bottler for retailers and brands with the development of 3-year procurement category roadmap to strengthen their market position and realize value. Our co-creative approach identified opportunities for savings across key categories and suppliers, improvements to the client’s operating model, and a management approach to track realized TCO reduction.
- We supported a global insurance company with the roll-out of SAP Ariba technology for requisition-to-pay, contracting and sourcing processes, achieving higher process efficiency, better compliance and control, and enablement of a lower-cost organization
- We helped a leading renewable energy company in designing and implementing a regional Procurement Organisation and Procurement SSC, resulting in streamlined and standardized procurement processes and governance, and a new organizational set-up
- We supported a large European grocery retailer in cost price and commodity price development modelling to make negotiations more data-driven and efficient
Sourcing and Procurement: Maximize efficiency to deliver optimal performance
Deloitte can help you to accelerate your supply chain strategy and transformation. Our proven approach and years of experience can support you to unlock the potential of sourcing and procurement in your organization. We’re happy to engage and see how we can help you structure your vision, build your strategy and plan your transformation. First, last, small or big steps, we are excited to help you along the way!