Manufacturing Strategy & Operations
Deloitte’s Manufacturing Strategy & Operations practice drives core operational improvement in our clients’ value chains. We help our clients define their manufacturing strategy and align both production systems and supplier relationships. We use lean methods, analytics, and design for manufacturability to transform operational capabilities. By reducing waste and increasing responsiveness, agility, and returns on net assets, Deloitte prepares its clients to win in the rapidly changing, increasingly complex, global marketplace.
Manufacturers are facing a number of key challenges that can be summarized with better products, faster delivered to clients at lower costs. The industry has employed Lean Six Sigma to tackle this and although opportunities for improvement remain, new innovative ideas are needed to further this.
Deloitte has substantial experience in supporting Manufacturers to improve efficiency, quality of their operations and innovate.
We have experience among others in the following domains:
- Industry 4.0: Enhance factory operations by applying digital tools and IoT
- Product Lifecycle Management: Using advanced software to better utilize and maintain assets
- Process Harmonization: Analyze and standardize processes using analytic tools (e.g. Lean Six Sigma and Process Mining)
- Digital Operations Process Transformation: Guide clients in large scale transformations to digital operations
- Site Optimization: Applying process improvement techniques (e.g. Lean Six Sigma) to optimize client site
Deloitte has substantial experience in supporting insurers to improve efficiency and quality of their operations, and to support in innovation of the products and processes.
Current solutions include:
- Operations Strategy
- Next Generation process Improvement using Lean Six Sigma
- Robotic Process Automation
- Cognitive Automation
- Operational Management