Indirect Tax Recovery
Deloitte provides advice and practical support to allow businesses to effectively process and manage their indirect tax refund claims.
Many businesses are missing opportunities in countries around the world that allow refunds of VAT/GST or rely on time-consuming (manual) processes to gather VAT/GST expense information, prepare refund claims and submit the claims to the tax authorities.
Leveraging Deloitte’s proprietary Revatic Smart technology and our global network of indirect tax professionals, businesses can introduce automation reducing the time and cost to gather the required information and building in transparency to the global VAT/GST recovery process.
Deloitte Revatic Smart extracts data from invoices and receipts quickly and accurately by using optical character recognition (OCR) technology and then automatically calculates deduction restrictions on certain types of expenditure. It organizes the information into the required format, ready for submission to the tax authorities.
Download the Indirect Tax Recovery placemat.
What is your challenge?
Businesses, not-for-profit, or governmental organizations that operate in countries where they are not established or VAT-registered often incur significant amounts of VAT on expenses paid in those countries.
The Deloitte approach supports companies which:
- Incur VAT on certain goods and services outside their home jurisdiction;
- Desire a cost effective ability to recover foreign VAT even on low value invoices;
- Wish to improve the speed of the recovery process (and subsequent cash flows);
- Want to leverage the collective knowledge of a global network of indirect tax professionals;
- Seek a coordinated approach for indirect tax refund management, automation, and process/data integration.
How Deloitte helps you
Our Indirect Tax Recovery technology, a standardized global approach, and our network of indirect tax professionals delivers efficient, consistent foreign VAT refund claim services. Our strong tax technical knowledge and standardized best practices supported by technology are essential to efficient and transparent processing of VAT refund claims:
- Proprietary technology allows Deloitte to efficiently and cost effectively identify, process, and substantiate VAT refund claims;
- A standardized methodology for VAT refund services helps enhance efficiencies and establish pricing transparency;
- One of the largest global network of indirect tax professionals with a true specialist foreign VAT recovery team in an established Deloitte Global Tax Center (Europe).
What results can you expect?
We provide advice and practical support to allow you to effectively process and manage your VAT refund claims. We guide you through the entire VAT recovery lifecycle including eligibility analysis, invoice retrieval, refund processing improvement, and dispute resolution. Leveraging proprietary Deloitte Indirect Tax Recovery technology, Deloitte provides:
- Automated processing of VAT refund claims via extraction of data from invoices, automated logic and quality checks and e-filing features;
- Management of accuracy and quality control through standard working procedures;
- Maintenance of a competitive pricing model, and transparent client reporting via an online portal;
- VAT refund related services delivering added value (e.g. advice on internal VAT refund processes; dispute resolution; cash flow opportunities).