Boards must display courage in the face of uncertainty
Deloitte’s 2017 Directors’ Alert explores the critical issues for boards to navigate the year ahead
Geopolitical events, technological disruption and the growing risk of cyber-attacks have all contributed to an unpredictable business environment according to Deloitte’s 2017 Directors’ Alert, which explores the critical issues to help boards navigate the year ahead.
Deloitte partner Andrew Burgess says that this time of uncertainty and disruption means strategy design and execution have never been more important for organisations of all sizes.
“What really differentiates strategy is courage – to engage in courageous conversations and to make and execute courageous choices,” says Mr Burgess.
“In our view, building a board’s collective intelligence through a diversity of thinking underpins this essential courage and is a key challenge for us in New Zealand,” he adds.
In this year’s Directors’ Alert Deloitte business leaders from across the globe, as well as independent directors of global organisations, share their unique insights on how boards can navigate uncertainty and leverage disruption.
The topics covered include:
- Strategy: injecting courage into strategy
- Culture: the key to driving strategy and everything else
- Board effectiveness: collective intelligence and diversity of thought
- Technology: realigning the organisation in a digital world
- Innovation: has your organisation found its disruptive advantage?
- Compensation: all the stakeholders are watching
- Transparency: will more disclosure mean greater clarity?
- Disruption: opportunities, risks, and courage
“Our 2017 Directors’ Alert is intended to be a tool boards can use throughout the year to raise important issues within their organisations and, ultimately, be more confident in their decisions,” concludes Mr Burgess.
To find out more, download the Directors’ Alert here.
For more information, contact:
External Communications Lead, Deloitte
D: 04 470 3771
M: 021 812 210