Accelerating innovation and cross-sector collaboration
The Deloitte network is committed to strengthening the humanitarian system and disaster response, and believes business has an important role to play in this ecosystem. Deloitte member firm professionals make an impact by collaborating across sectors, using their skills to co-create and implement innovative solutions, and contributing financial donations to crisis relief efforts.
- How Deloitte supports the global humanitarian agenda
- Case studies
- Research and insights
- Deloitte at the World Humanitarian Summit
- Related topics
About the Deloitte Humanitarian Innovation Program
At Deloitte, we are committed to shaping innovations which are at the heart of change and progress.
Through the Deloitte Humanitarian Innovation Program, the professionals of Deloitte member firms and humanitarian organizations co-create and implement solutions to the sector's most pressing challenges. By collaborating with local, national, and international humanitarian leaders – combining diverse skills and expertise – we enhance the ability of the sector to prepare for, and respond to, crises.
Applications for the 2014 Program are now closed.
Working with Oxfam New Zealand
In 2014, Deloitte selected Oxfam New Zealand to work with on a pro-bono basis as part of the Deloitte Humanitarian Innovation Program. Oxfam New Zealand was selected from a large number of applicants as outstanding example of all that the Deloitte Humanitarian Innovation Program aims to achieve.
In 2014, Deloitte professionals are working with Oxfam to help shape a supply chain/logistics framework and management plans for disaster support and relief to the Pacific region. These plans will be critical in the next cyclone season.
Once this project is complete, Deloitte and Oxfam New Zealand will share the ideas and solutions developed so that the whole humanitarian sector can benefit from and scale them.
If there are any questions about the Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Deloitte network has supported organizations in the humanitarian sector in leadership and talent development, scenario planning, strategy, business process mapping, data analytics, information management, technology development, supply chain, and logistics.
Click on the links below to read about projects delivered:
- Strengthening female leadership capabilities for humanitarian response with the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Creating a supply chain and logistics framework to enable Oxfam New Zealand to reach remote communities in the Pacific Islands more effectively
- Improving inter agency information management and coordination in humanitarian response with the International Organization for Migration
- Using vanguard technologies to report emerging atrocities with AtrocityWatch
- Strengthening humanitarian leadership with the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- Scaling humanitarian response in times of crises with Save the Children International
Deloitte Center for Crisis Management
The Deloitte Center for Crisis Management helps clients uncover an unforeseen advantage by helping them prepare for, respond to, and emerge stronger from any major crisis. Find out more here: