Introducing - On Purpose: Making an impact that matters in New Zealand
Have you ever wondered, “does the impact we are making really matter,” or “is it the right impact?” Our sustainability report for FY17 reviews our journey towards social and environmental sustainability and answers some important questions about our impact.
On Purpose communicates our approach to, and progress towards, living our purpose – to make an impact that matters. This report is an important step for the firm as we strive to become the undisputed leader in professional services.
The report assesses our performance regarding issues important to our clients (social reform and investment, the growing iwi economy, digital and emerging technology, and changing expectations), how we use our influence, our people and our environmental impact.
Taken together, our activities in FY17 establishes our commitment to make a meaningful contribution to New Zealand’s social, environmental and economic development. But this is only the beginning. We can do more for our clients, our communities, our environment and our people!
As we look towards 2020, On Purpose includes eight important commitments to:
- Develop & communicate our 2030 sustainability strategy and targets
- Implement a sustainability focused supplier code of conduct
- Investigate options to move to a carbon neutral position, including reduction and offsetting strategies
- Support the Sustainable Development Goals, in particular Goal 4 (quality education), Goal 8 (decent work and economic growth), Goal 10 (reduced inequalities) and Goal 17 (partnerships for the Goals)
- Use our influence to support sustainable development of our regions and cities outside Auckland
- Increase the number of female partners to 20%
- Continue to increase the overall diversity of the firm
- Release an internally focused gender pay report
We are also committed to reporting on our achievements and our challenges every second year.