Fast 50 index
Join the ranks of Deloitte’s Fast 50 index and gain recognition as one of New Zealand’s fastest growing businesses this year.
The Deloitte Fast 50 is a fantastic opportunity for your company. Entering the Fast 50 gives you and your business:
- Association with the Fast 50 brand – an internationally recognised awards programme
- Access to attend Fast 50 events
- The opportunity to meet and build relationships with like-minded business people and industry leaders
- Profile raising opportunities through our digital and media campaigns
...and if you needed another reason, our Celebration events are a rare chance for you to take stock of your achievements, think about where you want to go next, and celebrate your success!
Entry requirements and criteria
The Fast 50 index recognises businesses that have shown significant growth over the last three years. To enter, you need revenue of $1M or above in FY19 and independently prepared financial statements for FY19 and FY21.
Applicants for the Fast 50 will be eligible for national and regional category awards, recognising the fastest growing businesses in certain industries. The Fast 50 awards will be announced in June.
The index will be determined by percentage revenue growth and announced at events held in September.
For a complete entry, you must:
- Be a New Zealand registered business, trading for a minimum of three years
- Have revenue of $1M or above in FY19
- Submit independently prepared financial statements for FY19 and FY21
- Supply export revenue for FY19 and FY21 (if applicable)
Entries are now open through until 30 July 2021.
Fast 50 categories
The Deloitte Fast 50 programme does more than just rank New Zealand’s fastest growing businesses. We also celebrate business success across a number of categories on a regional and national stage.
1. Fastest growing services business
This category is for businesses in the Recruitment, Finance/Insurance, Accounting, Law, Professional Services, Real Estate or Property Development, Marketing/Advertising/Communications sectors.
Awarded to the business services company with the greatest percentage increase in revenue over the period.
2. Fastest growing manufacturing business
Awarded to the manufacturer with the greatest percentage increase in revenue over the period.
3. Fastest growing retail or consumer products business
Awarded to the retail or consumer products company with the greatest percentage increase in revenue over the period.
4. Fastest growing technology business
This category is for businesses in the telecommunications, media or technology sectors that:
- develop proprietary technology which contributes to a significant portion of revenue and/or
- manufacture a technology-related product or offer a technology-enabled service
Awarded to the technology company with the greatest percentage increase in revenue over the period.
5. Fastest growing agribusiness
This category is for businesses that are involved in any part of the agribusiness supply chain, including the production, manufacturing, distribution and retailing of products from and services to the farm. This is awarded to the organisation with the greatest percentage increase in revenue over the period.
6. Fastest growing exporter (based on export revenue)
This category is for businesses whose total export sales represent more than 20% of revenue. This figure is calculated from the information supplied in your entry form; this is not a category you can choose to enter.
In the technology industry?
If you are entering the Fast 50 index your business will automatically be nominated for the Deloitte Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 index, if:
- You have an operating revenue in excess of US$50,000 in the first year (FY19)
- You have been in operation for a minimum of three years and your headquarters is in Asia Pacific
- You are a technology company
For more information on the Deloitte Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 index, click here.