Taxation is often a complex and intricate aspect for any business, but for High Net Worth individuals and their associated enterprises there are unique considerations to assess. Only specialised service providers, who work with people like you every day, can effectively navigate your business through the myriad of issues such as legislative changes, structuring and succession planning, recent updates to income tax, FBT, GST, tax consolidation, international tax planning and issues, tax training, planning reviews and overall advice.
Tax advice for High Net Worth Individuals and their businesses
We recognise that High Net Worth families often require a wide range of services and our holistic approach also allows us to collaborate with other Deloitte experts within the New Zealand firm and further afield to provide a range of different services to the family.
We have experience working with families who have assets or business interests in New Zealand as well as families with a New Zealand tax foot-print which have assets or business interests offshore. Where required, we will draw on the global Deloitte network to obtain the necessary expertise to deliver the best service possible to our clients.
We can advise on a range of complex tax issues, including:
- Tax compliance and advisory
- International structuring
- Cross border tax planning (Double Tax Agreements / Withholding Tax / Controlled Foreign Companies, Foreign Investment Funds)
- Structuring of intangible assets
- Tax optimisation strategies
- Tax consolidation planning and compliance
- Financing structures
- Trust and estate planning
- Employee compensation / remuneration / share and option planning
- Tax risk management and tax audit defence
- Tax rulings
- Stakeholder remuneration / dividend strategies
- Buy / sell business agreements
- Tax effective divestment and acquisition planning
- Family office services