Actuarial and Insurance Services
Life and general insurance | Accident and health | Customer and digital
Deloitte’s actuaries have extensive industry and professional experience in insurance and banking. They have particular skills in pricing and valuation, distribution and strategy, financial reporting, and regulation.
Actuaries have a broad set of capabilities that they use to influence the financial world. They can help individuals and organisations answer strategic questions through logic and analysis. Actuaries have a deep understanding of the fundamentals behind financial and statistical models and processes. They have a long history of working in the insurance and financial markets. And they are experienced in communicating insights from complex problems to a wide audience.
Global demand for actuarial services and advice is increasing. In part this has arisen from new requirements in the insurance industry related to questions about conduct, accounting regulation, and technological and structural change. Furthermore, as organisations look to develop or enhance their data driven strategies, customer experience and sustainability, they are seeking actuarial knowledge to help shape business strategy and improve performance.
Our approach is to develop strong and close relationships with our clients to ensure a consistent and comprehensive transfer of knowledge. Our team’s diverse industry experience, combined with our technical capabilities and professional disciplines, ensure we have the right combination of people and skills to help our clients see what they need to run their businesses or manage complex projects. These same skills also help our clients to see and understand the crucial technical details underlying their businesses.
Deloitte’s Actuarial and Insurance Services (AIS) practice has a proven track record of helping companies make better-informed decisions regarding insurance liabilities, assets, capital management, performance measurement, growth, and risk. Our actuaries maintain high standards of technical excellence and work collaboratively across multiple disciplines to provide valuable solutions.
How we can help you:
- Insights and analytics
- Expert guidance on the new accounting standard, IFRS17
- Actuarial support for company actuarial and finance teams
- Appointed Actuary services
- Solvency and sustainability advice
- Risk and capital modelling, analysis and advice
- Reinsurance strategy and management
- Insurance valuation, financial and regulatory reporting
- Pricing and product design
- Customer and distribution strategy
- Asset and liability management
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- General actuarial advice
Related articles and blogs
New Zealand’s economy is heavily impacted by reduced tourism and trade opportunities and global supply chains have been disrupted. COVID-19 has also forced businesses to catch up fast to new ways of working and changing consumer preferences. We address two key themes in minimising the impacts of the pandemic.
Our Insurance Services team have also published a new article series on our blog, focusing on the specific issues for the insurance sector in the wake of COVID-19.
Here are the topics and links below:
- The future of mental health and the insurance sector
- COVID-19: The impact on insurance innovation
- How insurers can build financial resilience in light of the COVID-19 crisis
- The insurance sector and COVID-19: What about the customer?