Delivering independent advice to borrowers across the spectrum of debt markets
We provide independent advice across the spectrum of debt situations to help borrowers achieve optimal financing outcomes. Our team draws on Deloitte’s global network of more than 200 debt advisory specialists.
We advise borrowers on all aspects of debt financing. We work with management teams to define their strategic plan and then guide them through the debt transaction process.
Our debt transaction expertise is underpinned by an extensive network of local and global contacts within financial institutions and private debt funds around the globe. Clients with complex and challenging transactions or financing arrangements find our services especially valuable in times of rapid change and uncertainty in global debt markets.
Public and privately owned corporates
We advise shareholders, boards, CEOs, CFOs and Treasury teams within public and private companies across industry sectors. Our team typically helps borrowers with:
- the refinancing of maturing debt facilities
- options for accessing new debt markets such as non-bank finance or capital markets
- creating competitive processes via broad and/or discreet funding tenders from multiple lenders
- funding for growth and expansion via raising acquisition finance and capex expansion funding
- debt facility amendments and negotiation advisory work for real or potential breach of financial covenants or a trading downturn creating short-term liquidity pressure.
- asset-based finance to release value from balance sheet, including receivables, stock, plant, machinery, and property
- recapitalisation to enable dividends and cash-out
Other advisory services include financial modelling, due diligence, credit ratings positioning, and evaluation work.
Distressed Debt Advisory
We deliver robust financial restructuring solutions to help borrowers and lenders navigate disruption and support growth, even in the most challenging situations. By combining our deep understanding of debt markets with our extensive restructuring experience, we create innovative approaches that add value for all stakeholders.
Deloitte’s specialists combine extensive expertise in credit management and optimisation in distressed or special situations with data analytics to advise businesses, lenders and other stakeholders requiring creative solutions.
Typically, we help borrowers that face:
- liquidity pressure and need access to additional working capital
- underperformance, resulting in a covenant breach, insufficient headroom in banking facilities and/or a failure to meet financial obligations
- being over-leveraged, restricting their ability to raise funds from equity capital markets
- loss of lender support after changing their business strategies
- a funding restructure or need terms that are outside standard financing arrangements.
How we can help
Our team draws on its deep experience, taking a hands-on approach to develop realistic restructuring solutions that can preserve or add value for all stakeholders.
We work closely with industry and functional experts from across the Deloitte network as we implement our solutions, enabling us to provide a distinctive client experience. Complex debt solutions can either be stand-alone or part of broader turnaround plans involving M&A or operational restructuring.
We offer independent advice on:
- strategic financial restructuring options
- financial and capital structure optimisation
- credit assessment and structuring, including business risk profile, covenants and ongoing loan management
- stakeholder management and negotiations in distressed or special situations
- refinancing and identifying replacement lenders, including access to the alternative financier market
- business plans, forecasts, and project finance modelling to support debt restructuring and refinancing.