Distressed Capital Advisory
Delivering innovative restructuring advice in complex situations
We deliver robust financial restructuring solutions to help borrowers and lenders navigate disruption and support growth, even in the most challenging situations. By combining our deep understanding of equity and debt markets with our extensive restructuring experience, we create innovative approaches that add value for all stakeholders.
Deloitte’s specialists combine extensive expertise in credit management and optimisation in stressed and distressed situations with advanced data analytics to advise businesses, lenders and other stakeholders requiring creative solutions.
Typically, we help borrowers that face:
- liquidity pressure and a need access to additional working capital
- underperformance, resulting in a covenant breach, insufficient headroom in banking facilities and/or a failure to meet financial obligations
- being over-leveraged, restricting their ability to raise funds from debt providers
- loss of lender support after changing their business strategies
- a funding restructure or a need to access terms that are outside standard financing arrangements.
How we can help
Our team draws on its deep experience, taking a hands-on approach to develop realistic restructuring solutions that can preserve or add value for all stakeholders.
We work closely with industry and functional experts from across the Deloitte network as we implement our solutions, enabling us to provide a distinctive client experience.
Complex debt solutions can either be stand-alone or part of broader turnaround plans involving M&A or operational restructuring. In such cases, our team works closely with Deloitte’s M&A teams.
We offer independent advice on:
- strategic financial restructuring options
- financial and capital structure optimisation
- credit assessment and structuring, including business risk profile, covenants and ongoing loan management
- stakeholder management and negotiations in distressed or special situations
- refinancing and identifying replacement lenders, including access to the alternative financier market
- business plans, forecasts, and project finance modelling to support debt restructuring and refinancing
- accelerated M&A and/or equity raising processes
- rescue capital advisory.