Lender Services and Public Sector
Helping stakeholders rapidly implement optimal restructuring solutions
As the economy undergoes ongoing reform, financers and government agencies must act decisively to ensure stakeholder value is protected. Deloitte’s Turnaround & Restructuring team works with all stakeholders to drive financial sustainability so that providers can rapidly deliver better services and achieve greater community outcomes.
Deloitte’s specialists combine their core restructuring skills and commercial expertise with advanced data analytics to help lenders and government departments to deliver effective solutions and drive outcomes that maximise the outcome for stakeholders.
Our New Zealand team is part of a global network of approximately 1,750 restructuring professionals, as well as sector and technical specialists. In relation to our Lender Services offerings, we can provide Restructuring Services that include, but are not limited to:
- Independent business diagnostics reviews, focused on existing (and new) customer viability, strategic direction and/or operational improvement
- Working capital assessments, with a view to improving both short and long term cash flows and working capital management within the customers’ business
- Formulation of milestones to facilitate the turnaround of a business/organisation and ongoing monitoring to ensure all parties are held accountable
- Conduct credit assessments on both individual exposures and customer/industry portfolios
- Workout solutions, including both formal and informal appointments. Often the solutions will involve restructure and/or some form of sale, and in the case of the latter, we work closely with our Accelerated M&A colleagues.
Deloitte has deep relationships with the public sector and government agencies and is often called on to:
- verify information provided by parties an organisation is dealing with – including advising on creditworthiness and reputation and contracting with other parties to reduce risk
- turn around government-owned corporations
- begin formal insolvency proceedings for companies that owe money to the government or are being wound up as part of a regulatory process
How we can help
Where government is a service provider, our team can:
- review base funding and operating models
- assess strategic financial sustainability and optimise public service costs
- perform due diligence on government funding initiatives and programs
- provide strategic project governance
- support policy execution.
Where government is a buyer, we can:
- assess financial and funding viability
- review commercial principles
- provide ongoing monitoring
- conduct investigative accounting
- help with government procurement and divestment.
Where government is a lender, our team can:
- help with programme application design
- conduct credit assessments
- provide debt advisory and structuring advice
- review covenants and term sheets
- help with portfolio management.