How digital technologies can change hospitals globally
Across the world, healthcare systems are experiencing unprecedented pressure to increase accessibility and quality of services whilst also maintaining costs. Coupled with these challenges is a global shift from a focus on the volume of healthcare services provided, to the delivery of “outcomes”.
The hospital still has a vital role to play in the healthcare ecosystem. Hospitals symbolise “healthcare” to the public; hospitals often define our most memorable healthcare experiences, and hospitals are the most expensive part of the healthcare system.
As such, Deloitte has built a suite of solutions designed to improve the experience (or journey) of patients as they enter, are treated within and leave a hospital whilst, at the same time, trying to also address the challenges of quality, cost and delivering outcomes that matter.
What is DeloitteASSIST?
DeloitteASSIST is an AI enabled patient communication solution enabling patients to request assistance without the need to press a button. Simply by speaking their request, nurses are alerted to their need, with AI prioritising and smart-routing requests to the right resource to meet the patient’s needs.
Watch the video
How does it work?
- DeloitteASSIST reimagines the patient assistance journey by facilitating data-rich communication pathways between the nurse and the patient. It provides the following key benefits:
- Supports positive patient outcomes: DeloitteASSIST provides immediate response to patients, confirming they have been heard and that a nurse is on their way. Patients also have the ability to access FAQs, without a nurse required.
- Released time for nurses to care: Nurses can spend around a quarter of their time completing tasks that are not critical patient care activities. DeloitteASSIST changes nursing working processes by using AI to eliminate unnecessary activities.
- Improved patient experiences: DeloitteASSIST supports patients in getting access to the support they need in a timely manner. It helps nurses to prioritise, and provide supportive environments for recovery. DeloitteASSIST also connects patients with entertainment services and can enable smart controls of the patient environment (for example lights, T V, blinds – if connected and smart enabled).
- Using the most recent advancements in technology, DeloitteASSIST combines the capabilities of speech recognition, natural language processing and artificial intelligence to transform the way we care for patients.