Since medieval Italian origins, accounting has been focussed on doing three simple things: Counting money, saving money, making money.
But the role of the modern CFO and the Finance Operating Model in performing these historically simple tasks is being made ever more complicated by:
- Age of the Regulator: demanding Counting across multiple GAAPs and reporting to multiple regulators and authorities.
- Globalisation: demanding continuous cost Saving in complex global organisations with myriad allocation relationships.
- Market Volatility: demanding near real time performance insights and reforecasting of budget scenarios to support Making Money in dynamic environments.
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting (PB&F)
- Enterprise Cost Reduction (ECR)
- Cost Allocations
- Integrated Performance Management (IPM)
- Target Operating Model
- Shared Services
- KPI Development
- Business Partnering