COVID-19: Our approach as a firm
The wellbeing and safety of our people, clients and communities is paramount
Updated Thursday 9 September
Effective from 11:59pm on Tuesday 7 September 2021, all regions in New Zealand moved to Alert Level 2, except Auckland which remains at Alert Level 4. This means our Auckland offices remain closed but offices in other regions have re-opened with a heightened number of health and safety protocols in place.
Below we outline the steps Deloitte is taking to maintain the wellbeing and safety of our people, clients and communities.
For those based in Auckland
- All our people are working from home until further notice, in line with the Government’s COVID-19 Alert Level 4.
- Under Alert Level 4, the only exception to this is where a Deloitte person is supporting a client that is supplying essential services (which are exempt from business closure measures imposed by Government, while we operate in heightened alert levels) and where they are following physical segregation principles. Any instance of this must be explicitly approved by the CEO.
- While our physical premises remain closed, business activity has not ceased. We are fully ‘digitally enabled’ and have quickly pivoted to working from home. We can and will continue to support and serve our clients in a seamless manner.
For those based outside of Auckland
- Everyone must scan into the building and the office using QR codes. We have placed additional QR codes in our offices, and when moving between office floors our people must scan the new workspace they enter.
- A mask must be work in public spaces including elevators, lift lobbies and reception areas.
- Physical distancing requirements must be maintained
- Hand sanitiser is available to everyone
- Where clients require our people to be on their premises we will be requesting written assurance they have appropriate protocols in place to keep our people safe.
For all regions
- All business travel is postponed until further notice.
- All events and client hostings are suspended until further notice.
- EAP virtual and phone counselling services are available to all our people and their immediate families.
- Further to the measures outlined above, Deloitte New Zealand expects all Deloitte people to take reasonable care of their own health and safety, so that their actions do not compromise the health and safety of others in our communities.
- We are encouraging our people to get vaccinated and support them to do so at a time that works for them and we will ensure they receive wellbeing leave if the vaccinations render them unwell/unable to work. Our focus is on making it as accessible as possible for our people and thus we are also working with health providers regarding setting up vaccination clinics for Deloitte people to attend and bring their whanau.