COVID-19: Our approach as a firm
The wellbeing and safety of our people, clients and communities is paramount
Updated Tuesday 9 June
While acknowledging the progress New Zealand has made in eliminating COVID-19 from our country, the wellbeing and safety of our people, clients and communities remains paramount.
Deloitte New Zealand is keeping abreast of recommendations from both the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation, and we are adjusting our plans as appropriate.
Below is a brief overview of the key steps we are taking as a firm to help New Zealand recover and thrive in this new and changing environment:
- Effective from Tuesday 9 June, Deloitte premises across the country have reopened as usual.
- Client meetings, work-related team gatherings and events can now take place without a restriction on numbers, though our approach to large events remains muted.
- Consistent with Government advice, we are rolling out the recommended QR codes to aid with contact tracing for visitors to our offices.
- Contact tracing for Deloitte people is managed via our office access card control system.
- While we operate in Alert Level 1, corporate travel remains limited – regional travel will only take place with written approval from the CEO and international travel is excluded until further notice.
- To safeguard the wellbeing of our people, we continue to provide appropriate PPE and additional cleaning services in all our premises.
- EAP counselling services are available to all our people and their immediate families.
Further to the measures outlined above, Deloitte New Zealand expects all Deloitte people to take reasonable care of their own health and safety, so that their actions do not compromise the health and safety of others in our communities.
Anyone feeling unwell or who has been in contact with someone who is unwell should not travel to a Deloitte office.