A focus on topical tax issues - December 2015
The danger of washing up FBT in the final quarter
With Christmas coming and some leave periods extending late into January it is a timely reminder to consider your fringe benefit tax return for the quarter ending 31 December 2015 (due by 20 January 2016) to make sure someone is around to prepare the return accurately and correctly.
We also have a cautionary tale to tell relating to the preparation of FBT returns, and the accuracy of the benefits declared. Many taxpayers make adjustments in later returns or rely on the final return of the year to wash up any discrepancies arising in previous quarters.
Also in this issue
- Amending assessments – Commissioner’s revised statement
- Bill introduces GST on online services and a new residential land withholding tax
- Revenue Alert issued on certain employee share purchase agreements
- New country-by-country reporting requirements for New Zealand headquartered groups
- CRS - The next FATCA
- Ruling on FBT and car parks finalised