A focus on topical tax issues - September 2017
New Zealand makes BEPS announcements
On the 5 month anniversary of the release of 3 Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) consultation papers in March this year, the New Zealand Government has announced its considered position on what initiatives will go forward to become legislation.
Taxpayers may be disheartened by reading the media statement from the Ministers of Finance and Revenue which stated: “For the most part, the proposals will proceed as originally devised…”; however due to the consultation process there have been some pleasing refinements to the proposals, particularly around interest limitation rules.
Also in this issue
- Deloitte 2017 BEPS Global Survey
- Election 2017
- Do your contracts comply with the new Transfer Pricing Guidelines
- Inland Revenue targeting FBT – Are you ready?
- Get your GST matters right before settlement
- Survey shows room for improvement in the way New Zealand taxes business
- A snapshot of recent developments