Indirect Tax Advisory
Deloitte New Zealand offers the largest national indirect practice in New Zealand with market-leading experts ready to assist with a range of indirect tax issues
Combining our indirect tax experience with our market-leading industry knowledge, Deloitte helps businesses and other organisations to address indirect tax technical, organisational and process challenges.
Without a cohesive strategy and an understanding of each jurisdiction’s specific indirect tax requirements, GST and other indirect tax exposures can arise quickly. Deloitte’s global network of GST specialists provides client focused advisory services on local and international GST related matters, leveraging technology-enabled solutions.
Deloitte’s services include:
- General advisory on Indirect tax issues.
- Provide guidance for businesses entering new markets.
Indirect Tax Review - Read more
- An indirect tax review is frequently seen as a vital part of overall indirect tax governance for many organisations.
- Proactively managing such a review can substantially reduce both the incidence of and time involved with external review from Inland Revenue.
- Interviews and review of other materials to identify GST risks and opportunities throughout a business’ operations. Review may include analysis of complex supply chains as well as cross-border transactions between related and unrelated entities.
- Indirect Tax Review employs GST Review Smart technology to facilitate consistent diagnosis of GST risks and opportunities across multiple jurisdictions.
Merger and Acquisition (M&A) Due diligence services
- Pre- and post-merger/acquisition due diligence.
- Provide support with post-merger/acquisition disclosures and remediation activities.
- Provide post-merger/acquisition integration support.
- Provide pre and post disposition advice and assistance.
Business Model Optimisation - Read more
- Realigning for business transformation.
- Advising on configuring IT systems.
- Readying human resources.
- Reorganising legal, finance and tax structures.
Indirect tax training
- Design and implement training programs.
- Develop and provide multi-jurisdictional VAT / GST regulations training.
- Develop online training courses on multi-jurisdictional VAT / GST regulations.
Government relations support
- Support clients with engaging/liaising with government authorities.
- Support clients with audits by government authorities/regulators.