With such rapid change, it can be hard to keep up with all the tax developments and issues that arise in relation to the interpretation and application of tax law. Deloitte offers policy-as-a-solution, to assist you in identifying issues in tax settings, and can help you through the process of liaising with Inland Revenue to reach the right outcome for your business.
New Zealand has a relatively open and transparent tax system, aided in part by the principles that guide tax policy development, including the Generic Tax Policy Process. However, with the volume of tax changes occurring, issues can arise where tax law just doesn’t work for your particular business or set of facts and gives rise to unexpected outcomes. The Generic Tax Policy Process allows for external consultation and feedback throughout policy development, and Deloitte can assist businesses in navigating this process, to achieve better outcomes. This includes assisting your business with:
- Submissions on proposals in tax bills, discussion papers and other Inland Revenue statements, to achieve better policy outcome for businesses in New Zealand;
- Issues of interpretation or application in existing legislation to clarify the current position;
- Raising tax policy issues with Inland Revenue and Treasury Officials and working with Officials on policy solutions;
- Appearances before the Finance & Expenditure Select Committee to discuss tax issues; and
- Other general conversations with Inland Revenue and Treasury Officials about tax policy issues.
If you are encountering issues with the way the tax rules work, let us know and we can explore what option is best for you.
Deloitte is also the secretariat to the Corporate Taxpayers Group, a tax special interest group made up of over 45 of the largest corporate businesses in New Zealand. Deloitte assists the Corporate Taxpayers Group in working with key Inland Revenue and Treasury Officials in achieving positive changes to tax policy in New Zealand.
If you are interested in learning more about the Corporate Taxpayers Group, please see this flyer and get in contact.