Transaction Tax Structuring and Financial Modelling
We evaluate alternative structuring approaches, with a strong emphasis on commercial outcomes and practical solutions to develop the right go-forward tax profile and create deal value. We validate the tax assumptions in financial models to ensure the tax profile, and price you pay, is based on fully understood and quantified inputs.
We are experienced in assisting New Zealand, Trans-Tasman and International groups, private equity investors, infrastructure investors and private capital clients with a broad spectrum of tax advisory services. Our experience means that we can engage with you to evaluate structuring alternatives and prepare reports that illustrate the effects of these on the go-forward tax profile and deal value – the impact of recent Overseas Investment Act reforms means that well-informed deal structuring will be an important up-front requirement for many transactions.
We assist you to effectively navigate the complex tax issues in transactions to help manage risk and achieve commercial outcomes, including consideration of:
- Appropriate acquisition vehicle, to create a flexible structure with consideration of an exit strategy if required
- Whether a share or asset deal is appropriate
- Deal financing and ongoing operational cash flows (including review of financial modelling)
- Profit repatriation as part of the pre and post transaction structuring process
- The impact of the proposed transaction on future availability of tax attributes such as losses
- Cross border international tax issues, including transfer pricing
- Overseas Investment Office tax disclosure requirements
We also provide assistance with restructure step plans and the implementation of any pre-deal restructuring required.
Our team works with your legal and financial advisers to develop and implement a structuring strategy that provides practical solutions for ongoing operations, as well as ensuring that transaction objectives are met.