Deloitte + Oracle
As business destinations change and the technology landscape shifts, organisations cannot stand still. Discover why the synergy behind Deloitte and Oracle’s partnership could make all the difference in helping your organisation Get There.
Deloitte winners of the Be Straight up category at the Z Energy Suppliers Hero Awards of 2016:
“The Deloitte JDE Tria Transition Team lived this value – Throughout the Transition activities as we integrated the Caltex processes on to JDE. It was great to be able to have a true sense of partnership with a supplier who was prepared to give you a straight answer rather than tell you what they thought you wanted to hear. I found their approach to working with Z to identifying issues and confirming the course of action and getting into action to be world class. Specifically a special shout out to Arno who was able to articulate complex problems in a clear manner which ensured the finance team and JDE team had a common understanding which contributed to the smooth landing.”
Deloitte keeps large snack foods company’s systems talking; Deploying Oracle Fusion Middleware
Owing to the end of life support for their existing middleware solution Sun Seebeyond, eGate, and related maintenance and enhancement challenges, the client wanted to migrate to the Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFM) solution suite.
Deloitte worked with the client to implement Oracle Fusion Middleware as the platform to integrate their key internal and external business partners, applications (including SAP), core platforms and customers, globally. Deloitte was engaged in defining the complete migration strategy, technical architecture, environment set up, implementation, support and training of the client’s internal resources, and continues to support them via a Managed Services solution for BAU and development.
The OFM project addressed all the integration/migration requirements on time and within the allocated budget.
Despite complex integration requirements involving analysis and dissection of eGate’s interaction with multiple external/internal systems running on diverse platforms, the project delivered the following successful results:
- Oracle Fusion Middleware environment was set up in tandem with MS-SQL Server for Oracle SOA Suite.
- Design, development, testing and governance models were established at the enterprise level.
- 200+ proxy and business services were created to migrate eGate eWay processes to Oracle Service Bus.
- Established monitoring of all the virtual machines, Weblogic server instances and services using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c.
- MSA was signed with the client and the complete project was transitioned to the Deloitte Managed Services team to provide BAU support and monitoring.
- Migrated the existing hardware to Oracle Servers and executed backup and recovery procedures.
In addition to delivering the platform, Deloitte helping the client by:
- Establishing an enterprise model for design, development/testing and governance with high quality documentation and guidance for change control and process improvement.
- Helped establish backup and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Suggested and implemented best practices for better error handling and maintainability of business services within the Oracle Fusion Middleware stack.