Kennedy names Deloitte leader in HR Consulting in Public Sector | Deloitte | Press release | Deloitte | Press release has been added to your bookmarks.
Deloitte named a leader in Human Resources Consulting in the Public Sector by Kennedy
New York, NY, 25 August 2014– Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) is pleased to announce that Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, the leader in market analysis on the consulting profession, has named Deloitte a leader in Human Resources Consulting in the Public Sector. In its recently issued report, Human Resources Consulting in the Public Sector, Kennedy defines the public sector as that part of the economy that consists of publicly controlled or publicly funded agencies, enterprises and other entities that deliver public programs, goods or services.
The Kennedy report explores the opportunities and challenges for buyers and sellers of HR services in the global public sector marketplace, focusing on key trends, growth patterns and the competitive landscape. The report found that the public sector will continue to have a positive impact on HR consulting, saying “Despite the lingering effects of the economic downturn, the sector will continue as a major contributor to HR consulting fee income over the forecast period, although the distribution of spending is changing as HR leaders broaden their focus beyond cost reduction to address talent imperatives in a new economic reality.”
Specifically for Deloitte, the report notes, “Deloitte combines deep HR function and public sector expertise with strong financial and risk management to drive mission impact. The firm is among the most capable at leveraging local and global staff appropriately to maximize project value, transfer knowledge to the client, and improve operational efficiency.”
We are pleased Kennedy has recognized Deloitte member firms’ emphasis on driving mission impact with public sector clients around the world” says Jeff Schwartz, Global Leader for Marketing, Eminence, and Brand Human Capital, DTTL. “We understand the unique forces at play in the different market segments including national, regional, and local government, as well as higher education, healthcare, and state-owned enterprises.”
- “Deloitte brings a strategic sensibility to public sector engagements that ensures a broader context for driving mission impact. The firm’s comprehensive suite of human capital capabilities includes actuarial, rewards and advanced analytics consulting; HR technology and transformation consulting; and organizational transformation and talent management consulting. Where needed, human capital consultants work closely with their counterparts in adjacent industry and functional consulting service lines to provide a broad range of public sector consulting services imbued with a business-oriented foundation that delivers measurable outcomes.”
- “The firm [Deloitte] is adept at helping their public sector clients achieve transformation and realize value. With senior consulting talent drawn from the public sector, many having held leadership positions, Deloitte is expert at maneuvering procurement systems to help clients explore opportunities and acquire professional services within framework boundaries. Human capital innovations developed in the private sector are adapted for the public sector, giving clients tested and proven solutions in areas such as workforce analytics and talent management. Deloitte also helps clients build their internal change capability to increase the pace, outcome and sustainability of human capital programs.”
- “Deloitte’s approach to managing consulting project resources is dynamic. The number and seniority level of consultants on project teams scales throughout the engagement as needed and in consultation with the client. This practice helps to manage the cost of labor, an important consideration for public sector clients seeking to build the business case of value for cost.”
- “Deloitte regularly conducts research that is uniquely tailored to the public sector. Bersin by Deloitte continues to expand the sample of public sector organizations surveyed for its annual report on human capital trends, and Deloitte University Press has a full channel related to public sector talent issues.”
- “The firm’s body of thought leadership provides a constant flow of differentiated ideas and insights that feed practical consulting solutions for helping public sector clients navigate the complexities of managing and developing their people to drive mission impact.”
- “GovLab is a think tank in Deloitte’s federal practice that focuses on innovation in the public sector. Through GovLab, Deloitte works with senior government executives and thought leaders from around the world, conducting research into issues that are shaping the public sector, including human capital-related topics such as social networking and culture.”
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte has in the region of 200,000 professionals, all committed to becoming the standard of excellence.