3 years later: GDPR is here to stay!
8 July 2021 at 10:00-12:00 EET | 09:00-11:00 CET
Personal data protection has been around forever. The adoption of GDPR put it on the map for every company. Three years later we can reassure that personal data protection is here to stay…and this is not just because of the fines and investigations of the Data Protection Authorities. It is actually due to the ever-changing business environment we operate in and the increasing adoption of technology.
As data is power and businesses are well aware of that, its protection is becoming more important each day, as companies need to ensure their competitive advantage will not be affected due to lack of compliance with data protection best practice.
Also, more and more business are becoming aware that compliance is not a “tick the box” exercise and that it goes beyond drafting procedures and contractual clauses. These players understand that an increased maturity level will ultimately increase their competitive advantage and prevent the business from being exposed and affected by lack of data protection best practice.
Event agenda will include the following topics:
- hot Data Protection Authorities investigation topics and analysis for EU / CE
- the future of compliance: data protection audits and benefits
- hands-on experience sharing with DPOs from Central Europe in a panel format
- Iulia Antonie – Risk Advisory Data Protection Lead for Central Europe, Deloitte Romania
- Silvia Axinescu - Senior Managing Associate, Reff & Associates - Deloitte Legal Romania
- Katarzyna Sawicka - Senior Managing Associate, Deloitte Legal Poland
- TBD – Data Protection Officers from CE (waiting for their confirmation)
The event will be held in English and it addresses all data protection enthusiasts: Data Protection Officers, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, IT.
Event participation is free of charge and can only be done on invitation basis. Please register by July 7, 20:00 EET.
8 July 2021
Participants will receive information on how to log in to the webinar on 7th July.