Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey – 3rd edition 2018
Let’s get ready to retail
The Portuguese Real Estate Investment Survey aims to analyse the real estate market’s development in Portugal, the key investment strategies used by the players and the major trends of this business.
The 2018 third’s edition of this survey, which has assume itself as a reference tool, highlights the increased investment in retail sector and also the rise in transactions’ volume and prices in the domestic market.
Key findings of this edition:
- Overall, respondents aim to focus in an investment strategy (69%)
- Survey participants perceive core Investments (46%) as the preferred investment strategy. A large share of players (46%) foresees an increase of more than 10% in their portfolio
- Banks (77%) assume itself as the main business feeders of real estate acquisitions and the investments come mainly from Europe
- Major respondents (46%) consider alienating value added assets as the main divestment strategy
- 62% of the answers points out funds of funds as the main real estate buyer. Investment comes mainly from Europe.
- All the sectors analysed show an increase of transactions’ volume and prices, as well as a greater stability in profitability rates