NextGen Education and Development
We believe that the human, intellectual and social capital of any family business is as important as its financial capital. We work with, and coach the next generation to provide them with the skills they need to achieve their goals and aspirations as well as meet the needs of the family and the business.
We work in partnership with the next generation of business families to equip them with the tools required to deal with the formidable challenges of ownership and leadership within a family business, enabling them to adapt and thrive in an increasingly complex and uncertain world.
Our work in this area is diverse and depends on what you require. We provide one to one coaching which can give individuals the awareness, skills and objective feedback needed to thrive in a family business environment.
We design and deliver workshops on family business issues and skills; and we develop bespoke development programmes to take a whole ‘cohort’ of a family’s next generation through training and development activities tailored to meet their specific needs and that of the family business. We believe being ‘intentional’ is the key – what worked in one generation won’t necessarily work in the next.
Getting the next generation’s skills, expertise and understanding up to scratch (including their understanding of themselves and each other) is critical if you want to sustain the success of your family.
We work in partnership with the next generation of business families by:
- Helping individuals clarify their personal goals including whether they want to work in the family business or follow a different path
- Working with individuals to develop plans to achieve these goals
- Taking steps to understand people’s strengths and areas for development. Helping family members learn about working together as a team and a family
- Promoting self-awareness and an understanding of others
- Equipping the next generation to deal with the formidable challenges of ownership and leadership within a family business
- Giving family members practical skills and knowledge that will enable them to adapt and thrive in an increasingly complex and uncertain world.
- Coaching people on responsible ownership; for example, financial fluency, sound investment and philanthropic policy