Tax COO | ME Business Tax Leader
Al Ahli Bank Building
Sheikh Suhaim Bin Hamad Street
As the COO of the Tax business line, Muhammad oversees all aspects of the Tax business operations across the region by designing and implementing tailored business strategies and effective processes and procedures in order to support the growth of the Deloitte tax practice. Muhammad also leads our Middle East Business Tax service line. In addition, he is Chair of the Partners Council and is representing DME on the NSE Board of Directors.
With over 25 years of professional experience in advisory, audit and tax, Mouhammad joined Deloitte & Touche in our Special Services Division (SSD) Office in December 1992. Muhammad has been actively involved in many tax consulting engagements. His experience covers a large number of industries particularly oil and gas, construction, utilities, financial services and consumer business. Some of Muhammad’s recent experience include:
- Advising various companies about setting up and business tax issues in Qatar and Oman
- Advising local companies with global footprint about their PE risks in foreign jurisdictions
- Providing Due Diligence advice to companies with regard to their foreign / local acquisitions
- Advising companies on structuring their inbound and outbound investments
- Muhammad is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (FCA).