Global Indirect Tax news | Deloitte | Tax Services | Article | News has been added to your bookmarks.
Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and customs and trade issues around the globe.
- Australia: There is an update on GST liabilities for foreign vendors selling to consumers in Australia.
- Australia: The recent federal Budget included a number of key GST measures.
- Indonesia: Import duty rates have been amended in the context of the economic partnership agreement between Indonesia and Japan.
- Indonesia: The regulation regarding import duty borne by the Government for certain industrial sectors in the 2017 financial year has been amended.
- Indonesia: A regulation has been introduced regarding the importation of certain horticultural products.
- Kazakhstan: A new draft of the Tax Code is being developed, under which the VAT ‘place of realization’ rule could be significantly changed.
- Malaysia: The Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMCD) has updated the GST guides on Islamic banking and the Tourist Refund Scheme.
- Malaysia: The RMCD has made a number of announcements regarding the administration of GST.
- Malaysia: The RMCD recently clarified matters concerning payment of GST and when it is considered effective, particularly with respect to payment by cheque.
- Malaysia: The Ministry of Finance has imposed definitive safeguard duties on certain steel products imported from specific countries for a period of three years.
- Singapore: The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore has issued several consultations relating to base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS) and the indirect tax implications of the digital economy.
- Singapore: Customs has released a circular announcing the introduction of the new End-User Statement formats for Strategic Trade Scheme Bulk and Individual Permits.
- Sri Lanka-EU: Sri Lanka has regained 'Generalized System of Preference +' status.
- EU-Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka has regained 'Generalized System of Preference +' status.
- Belgium: Stricter rules are to apply regarding VAT deduction for gifts.
- Belgium: The VAT exemption for insurance claims handling will be narrowed with effect from 1 January 2018.
- Italy: Guidelines have been released on penalties for the incorrect application of the reverse charge mechanism.
- Italy: A resolution has been published regarding the sale of VAT credit as warranty.
- Italy: There has been a decision of the Council of the European Union regarding the split payment mechanism.
- Italy: There have been CEJU judgments regarding the legislation providing for administrative penalties and criminal penalties for same offences, relating to omitted VAT payments.
- Italy: A resolution has been published on the e-storage of invoices for VAT purposes.
- Italy: The tax authorities have published FAQs regarding the quarterly e-communication of VAT calculations.
- Italy: Criteria have been defined for VAT deregistration and exclusion from the VIES database.
- Italy: There is confirmation regarding the limitation period for customs debt.
- Italy: Criteria for obtaining 'authorized consignee' status for excise purposes have been issued.
- Italy: A ruling has been issued regarding the customs and VAT treatment of the bunkering of energy products.
- Ireland: Updated guidance has been published on the VAT exemption for educational and vocational training.
- Ireland: A case has been referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union on VAT deductibility related to share transactions.
- Ireland: The Irish Revenue has updated the 'Revenue's On-Line Service' regarding administrator registration.
- Latvia: There have been changes to VAT returns.
- Netherlands: The VAT reverse charge mechanism may be applied to telecommunications services from 2 June 2017.
- Netherlands: Proposed rules have been published for VAT adjustments for 'expensive services'.
- Netherlands: The Tax Administration has issued the processing method for objections relating to the VAT treatment of the private use of cars.
- Portugal: An Ordinance has been published regarding the new system for the VAT exemption for the export of goods by a traveller who is non-resident in the EU (tax free).
- Portugal: A Circular Letter has been published regarding the place of supply of services connected to immovable property for VAT purposes.
- Russia: Credit institutions or mobile network operators may be required to collect VAT from foreign e-service providers.
- Russia: Clarification has been issued for foreign organizations providing e-services.
- Russia: The Ministry of Finance has clarified the VAT treatment of updating and extracting materials from a database.
- Russia: The prohibition on the importation of certain goods from Turkey into Russia has been abolished.
- South Africa: The International Trade Administration Commission of South Africa is currently reviewing responses to an application for the creation of a temporary rebate facility for certain structural steel.
- United Kingdom: A tribunal has rejected the tax authorities’ argument for the VAT exemption to apply to payment processing.
- Eurasian Economic Union: There has been a decrease in the rates of import customs duty for certain goods due to Russia’s WTO obligations.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Preliminary anti-dumping duty has been introduced on hot-rolled steel corners originating from Ukraine.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Anti-dumping measures have been extended on rolled metal products with polymer coating originating from China.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Technical regulation on the safety of equipment for children's playgrounds has been introduced.