Comunicate de presa
Deloitte named a leader in Internet of Things Consulting and Systems Integration Services by IDC MarketScape
NEW YORK, NY, USA, 10 March 2017 — Deloitte announced today that International Data Corporation (IDC) has named it as a leader in Internet of Things Consulting and Systems Integration Services in their report entitled, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Internet of Things Consulting and Systems Integration Services 2016 Vendor Assessment¹. The IDC MarketScape recognizes Deloitte as a leader based on capabilities and strategies.
Specifically, for Deloitte, the report noted, “Buyers rate Deloitte highly for marketing, customer service, and delivery model appropriateness and execution. IDC rates Deloitte highly in terms of growth strategy, managing/analyzing IoT data at the datacenter or at the edge, and its customer service strategy.”
IDC MarketScape is a quantitative and qualitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace and help anticipate the vendor's ascendancy. The report assesses the capability and business strategy of the leading business consulting firms.
"When buyers were asked what characteristics were required for an IoT professional services project to be successful at a worldwide level, the number 1 characteristic was 'ability to achieve desired business outcomes' followed by 'deliver innovation for your solution,'" said Gard Little, IDC research director, Digital Transformation Professional Services Research. "Buyers are telling IT suppliers that IoT success will come from knowing how to deliver business outcomes using innovative thinking."?
- “According to IDC analysis and buyer perception, Deloitte is a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for IoT consulting and systems integration services worldwide.”
- “Deloitte has started up a dedicated IoT practice to deliver horizontal capabilities within the larger Deloitte Digital, but it continues to go to market vertically across its various lines of business to evaluate the demand for IoT services.”
- “It focuses on operational areas such as maintenance, field service efficiency, inventory reduction, process efficiency, and supply chain and logistics optimization.”
- “Consistent with Deloitte's strategies elsewhere, its IoT approach is to emphasize value in things such as the information value loop, not technology, although it has capabilities across the IT services life cycle, and in areas you might not expect such as device management or IoT platforms.”
- “Deloitte's dedicated IoT practice doubles as the firm's applied research group, which informs what IoT-related solutions to develop and what partners to engage.”
As used in this press release, “Deloitte” refers only to the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms.
¹IDC, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Internet of Things Consulting and Systems Integration Services 2016 Vendor Assessment,” (Doc US41880716) by Chad Huston, Lionel Lamy, Gard Little, Ali Zaidi, November 2016.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360 degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Deloitte provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and high-quality service to address clients’ most complex business challenges. To learn more about how Deloitte’s approximately 245,000 professionals make an impact that matters, please connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.