Implementing and supporting ethics hotlines
Having a reliable, accessible ethics hotline in place is an effective tool for detecting and reporting fraud and abuse, as well as violations of internal company rules and applicable laws, as it gives whistleblowers, employees and other interested parties the opportunity to confidentially report fraud and other violations without fear of retribution.
Set up with Deloitte’s assistance and support and operating 24/7, a corporate ethics hotline provides a reliable, confidential channel for receiving and processing messages about potential violations of corporate policies and instances of unethical or illegal behavior by employees.
- A dedicated email address for receiving “whistleblower” messages
- A website for registering claims and reports in a customized format
- A dedicated telephone line staffed and maintained by internal fraud examiners
- Prompt management notification of critical allegations
- Access to informational materials via the hotline
- Detailed reports on each allegation, including a description of the specific circumstances
- Preliminary classification of reported instances by type (HR, finance, etc.), with initial sorting by level of importance
- Reports with statistics and main parameters of recorded allegations in the form of a detailed registry and diagrams
- Consulting and assistance with internal incident investigations