Business Process Optimisation for Banks
Business process optimisation is core objective for banks that will help them boost their operational performance, set clear standards for a range of processes and ensure transparent oversight of their execution, as well as identify areas that require monitoring.
1. The optimization of banking business processes (lending, deposits, current accounts, payments, processing, bank cards, provisions, letters of credit, guarantees, interbank loans, forex, securities and derivatives) and the improvement of treasury function effectiveness
We help clients review their existing business processes from the perspective of risks and controls, with a particular focus on automation opportunities, overlapping or inefficient processes and areas in need of oversight or improvement. Where automation potential exists, we can help you develop technology evaluation criteria and select software, or identify business requirements for existing systems. For process transformations, we can assist you with the coordination of the new business process model across all process owners and stakeholders.
2. Optimising/designing segregation of duties for banks
Weaker or non-existent segregation of duties (SoD) can pose a significant risk for any organisation. With a constantly updated role model, you may lack the time or capabilities to check whether new roles align with pre-existing roles in the bank’s systems. This is particularly true for bank systems due to the complexity of their role models.
To help you optimise your SoD process, we can:
- Analyse the role and permission matrix across your IT systems
- Develop recommendations to help you build more efficient risk and control procedures for the SoD process
- Identify technology evaluation criteria and assist you with selecting a software or preparing business requirements for existing systems
3. Across-the-board optimisation for tax reporting and tax function processes
Tax reporting and the tax function play a critical role for any organisation. However, the preparation of quality and reliable tax reports needn’t be a time-consuming process.
We can help banks transform the risk and control procedures of their tax reporting process while bringing a focus on automation opportunities, overlapping or inefficient processes and areas in need of oversight or improvement. If the tax function performs processes that are actually the responsibility of other functions, we will propose scenarios for a more efficient distribution of functional responsibilities. For any type of transformation, we will help you align the new business model with stakeholders and process owners.
Where automation potential exists, we can help you develop technology evaluation criteria and select software, or draw up business requirements for existing systems.
Key issues and drivers for optimising processes:
- Regulatory developments impacting business processes
- Duplication of functions within processes and rising business process costs
- A lack of clear standards for certain processes