- Our team brings together practitioners with a long record of excellence and strong expertise in advising global and Russian clients across industries on indirect tax and customs regulation.
- Deloitte CIS is a member of the Association of European Businesses, the Franco-Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the American Chamber of Commerce in Russia; we actively participate in discussions on the most important and pressing regulatory issues.
- The International Tax Review (ITR) Indirect Tax Leaders guide recognises Deloitte CIS professionals among the leading indirect tax advisers.
- Deloitte CIS was named the European Tax Firm of the Year 2020 by the ITR's European Tax Awards, in particular owing to the projects involving the Indirect Tax & Customs team.
In terms of customs regulation matters, we will:
- advise on market-entry customs implications, import and export structuring to optimise processes and customs payments
- consult on customs value issues, such as analysis of value structure, valuation methods, correlation of transfer pricing and customs valuation rules, and inclusion of royalties into customs value
- perform classification analysis; facilitate obtaining of preliminary classification decisions and decisions for classification on components imported unassembled/disassembled under a single customs code
- analyse applicable trade bans and restrictions, including non-tariff and technical regulation, sanitary/phytosanitary/veterinary requirements, and export controls
- advise on optimisation of customs payments through the use of various customs procedures and benefits, including free customs zones, temporary import, import as capital contribution, etc.
In terms of customs compliance assessment, we will:
- review business operations for compliance with the customs legislation and market best practices; identify customs risks and provide risk mitigation recommendations
- help you select customs brokers and/or review their activities
- perform customs due diligence.
In terms of analysing in-house customs processes, we will:
- assess efficiency of the company’s customs function
- develop KPIs for the company’s customs function
- map the ‘as-is’ processes and recommend changes needed to implement labelling and traceability requirements
In terms of the authorised economic operator (AEO) status, we will:
- analyse feasibility of obtaining the status and its potential impact on business processes
- assess your company against the AEO criteria
- facilitate applying for the AEO status and assist with the related paperwork
- assist with drafting and signing an agreement for simplified procedures with the customs authorities
- provide a data mart to fulfill the remote access requirement.
In terms of customs dispute resolution, we will:
- support you during customs audits
- assist with claiming back overpayments
- represent your company in customs litigations.