Looking for past TMT Predictions?
Access the collection of previous years' predictions
Each year Deloitte's TMT Predictions reveal the perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe. Here you'll find the complete reports from predictions of the past few years.
- 2015 TMT Predictions
- 2014 TMT Predictions
- 2013 TMT Predictions
- 2012 TMT Predictions
- 2011 TMT Predictions
TMT Predictions 2015
Our objective with TMT Predictions is to identify critical inflection points that we believe should inform industry strategic thinking, and to explain how we think these will manifest over the next 12-18 months for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
View or download the full TMT Predictions 2015 report to learn more about the predictions.
Explore the future in Technology:
- The Internet of Things really is things, not people
- Drones: high-profile and niche
- 3D printing is a revolution: just not the revolution you think
- Click and collect booms in Europe
- Smartphone batteries: better but no breakthrough
- Nanosats take off, but they don’t take over
- The re-enterprization of IT
Explore the future in Media:
- Short form video: a future, but not the future, of television
- The ‘generation that won’t spend’ is spending a lot on media content
- Print is alive and well–at least for books
Explore the future in Telecommunications:
- One billion smartphone upgrades
- The connectivity chasms deepen: the growing gap in broadband speeds
- Contactless mobile payments (finally) gain momentum
TMT Predictions 2014
2014's TMT Predictions hit the mark with 13 of the 14 predictions hitting a more than 70% accuracy rate.
TMT Predictions' objective is to identify critical inflection points we believe should inform industry strategic thinking, and to explain how we think these will manifest over the next 12-18 months for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
TMT Predictions 2013
Launched in January 2013, TMT Predictions are Deloitte's view of the key developments over the next 12-18 months that are likely to have significant medium- to long-term impacts for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
Member firms hosted launch events worldwide, and several have created their own locally relevant Predictions reports, tailored specifically to their markets, including the South East Asia perspective (Bahasa translation) and reports from India and China.
TMT Predictions 2012
2012 marked the eleventh year of Deloitte's TMT Predictions. What started in 2001 with ten predictions about mobile telephony has evolved and grown into one of Deloitte’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications group’s most anticipated research publications, covering all three converging industries.
TMT Predictions 2011
The 2011 Predictions marked a major milestone as the 10th edition of Deloitte's Predictions for the technology, media & telecommunications (TMT) sector. History and trivia buffs can download the full report of the 2011 TMT Predictions here.