Inside Magazine Risk Global Edition 2018 | Deloitte Saudi Arabia has been added to your bookmarks.
Inside Magazine Risk Global Edition 2018
Welcome to the fourth international edition of Inside, dedicated to governing bodies and internal control functions. Our objective is to provide professionals involved in governance, risk, compliance, and internal audit with thoughtful insights in order to overcome the main challenges they are likely to face.
Last year was expected to be a period of uncertainty for the financial services industry. Looking ahead to 2018, it seems that most of the challenges and uncertainties remain. First of all, 2018 has a concentration of regulatory deadlines, which, in combination, touch all sectors of the financial services industry.
Moreover, the economic environment, fierce competition, and regulatory and technological change will continue to put pressure on traditional business models across the industry.
In this edition, we explore important topics such as:
- Dealing with the complexity of the 2018 financial services regulatory landscape
- Building a strategic response to the uneven implementation of Basel standards
- How the EU regulation on electronic identities and trust services for electronic transactions will boost the digital economy
- How the future of risk management in financial services will likely look different than the current risk capabilities many are familiar with
- The rise of managed services to respond to the heightened pressure on risk and compliance operating models
- The evolution of bank board risk governance to meet new risk oversight expectations
- Using RegTech to transform compliance and risk functions
- Confronting tomorrow’s cyber threats
- Managing the risk arising from the algorithmic revolution
In the current environment, financial institutions are now urged to rethink and transform the way they manage risks to leverage new technologies, and increase risk and compliance management efficiency and effectiveness.
You will find all that and more in these pages. We hope you will enjoy this publication.
In this issue
Part 01 | From a strategic and regulatory perspective
- Bringing it all together
Financial Markets Regulatory Outlook 2018
- The view from the industry
Deloitte Banking Union Supervision Survey
- Dealing with divergence
How banks can build a strategic response to the uneven implementation of Basel standards
Part 02 | From a digital perspective
- Using RegTech to transform compliance and risk from support functions into business differentiators
- Blended learning
Combining digital and classroom training to achieve maximum results
- Hope is not a strategy
Confronting tomorrow’s cyber threats today
- The algorithmic revolution is here
- Fight fire with fire
Cyber response training through immersive simulation
The EU as a forerunner in boosting the digital economy
Part 03 | From a governance and compliance perspective
- Risk, reward, and the realities of doing business right
Insights from the Deloitte Risk Conference
- Global Risk Management Survey
- The future of risk in financial services
- You and I were meant to fly
The rise of managed services
- What's next for bank board risk governance?
Recalibrating to tackle new risk oversight expectations