The resilient family enterprise
Turning challenges into opportunities
Despite their reputation for resilience, optimism and agility, most family businesses have been under significant pressure to respond to the general health, safety, and welfare challenges introduced by the COVID-19 pandemic, along with the operational disruptions to their business. This series explores how the same traits that set family businesses apart are creating authentic opportunities for resilience, growth, and recovery.
Unique characteristics of family enterprises that could position them to thrive
The introductory article in the Resilient Family Enterprise series examines how COVID-19 brings new focus to family business issues like succession planning, values and purpose, and legacy.
Upcoming articles will include the following topics:
- Purpose and trust
- Power and performance: The role of governance
- Beyond business: Philanthropy and strategic investing
- The post-COVID workplace
- Your family business: Planning with a 100-year horizon
- Well-being and health: The enterprise, the family and the individual
- What’s next for family businesses?