Disaggregating the impact of FinTech
Brighter shades of disruption
This report explores the impact that FinTech companies will have on six areas within financial services including payments, insurance, deposits and lending, capital raising, investment management, and market provisioning.
Our analysis suggests the following five takeaways for financial services executives to consider:
- A new level of personalisation comes to retail financial services products, breaking the grip of stagnant, standardised products.
- Even as technology will force narrowing margins, there may be opportunities to develop new profit pools and forcing some incumbents to “move upstream” to serve more sophisticated and profitable cohorts.
- Incumbents will utilise online social norms and platforms to allow the users to take control of aspects of the financial supply chain, from decision support to financial intermediation.
- The playing field will level as firms of all sizes will be able to take advantage of emerging networks and platform-based services. Ultimately lowering cost, improving compliance, and focusing on markets where they have a true competitive advantage.
- New sources of data will continue to emerge and analytic sophistication will likewise advance. But because the value of the human advantage will remain strong, firms will need to adjust their talent strategies.
Download our report to explore the impact that FinTech will have on your business and actionable strategies you can leverage to stay ahead.