Deloitte UK and Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP (BAL LLP) form alliance to offer best-in-class immigration service for global employers has been saved
Deloitte UK and Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP (BAL LLP) form alliance to offer best-in-class immigration service for global employers
- The alliance will create the first global immigration service delivery model
- BAL LLP will remain an independent law firm and offer immigration services in the US with Deloitte Global offering immigration services for the rest of the world
- Alongside the alliance, Deloitte Global intends to purchase BAL operations in eight non-US locations, bringing the number of immigration specialists to over 1,500 in 135 countries
SINGAPORE, 6 June 2018 — Deloitte UK and Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP (BAL LLP) today announced an alliance to offer a best-in-class immigration service.
The alliance combines Deloitte’s expertise in global mobility expatriate tax, reward and innovation with BAL’s US immigration capability and highly respected case management technology. It will support global employers in consistently complying with international law and regulation.
The alliance is anticipated to become effective and the transaction complete in July.
In addition, Deloitte Global intends to purchase certain non-US BAL operations in Australia, Brazil, China, Dubai, Mozambique, Singapore, South Africa and the UK through its respective member firms, adding 170 experienced practitioners. Deloitte US is not party to the alliance or the acquisition.
Kalvinder Dhillon, Deloitte’s Global immigration lead, said:
“With the increased need for cross-border business travel, global organisations are recognising the value of a firm that can bring a global footprint to help support the challenges of delivery and corporate compliance.“Our ability to provide a fully global, end-to-end service will help employers move talent where it’s needed and enhance their compliance.”
Jeremy Fudge, Managing Partner of BAL, said:
“This alliance is a hugely exciting opportunity, offering the best possible service to businesses by delivering on-the-ground immigration support across the globe.”
Notes to editors:
- BAL LLP is an immigration law firm that currently offers immigration expertise through 850 top-tier practitioners located across 18 offices, and has a proprietary global technology platform.
- Deloitte Global currently employs over 1,300 immigration practitioners in 135 countries and 6,000 professionals providing Global Employer Services worldwide.
In this press release:
- References to Deloitte UK are references to Deloitte LLP.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 2 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BZ, United Kingdom.
• References to Deloitte Global are references to certain of the member firms of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL").
DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients.
Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
- Deloitte US does not provide immigration or legal services and is not a party to the alliance with BAL LLP nor is it a party to the acquisition of certain of BAL’s non-US assets.
- The information contained in this press release is correct at the time of going to press.