We provide due diligence services to a wide range of corporate clients. Our situational expertise is complemented by industry and functional experts from across Deloitte, to ensure our clients receive a seamless and flexible service for their transaction process.
Our team can support you in the analysis and assessment of available information in order for you to make an informed decision and create the best value from a transaction. Our due diligence expertise (financial, commercial and operational) is complemented by industry and functional experts.
Our services normally go hand-in-hand with a managed sale process and controlled data room access. We will work with you to agree the scope of work, pulling in expertise as required from our wide range of specialists in the business (tax, operational, commercial, strategic, pensions, IT etc.).
Our team assists in:
- Acquisition (buy side) due diligence: providing insights on the key issues and risks associated with a potential target business or asset
- Vendor due diligence: giving vendors greater control over the sale process
- Vendor assistance services: preparing a business for sale and optimising certainty over price through the sale process
- Commercial due diligence: assessing target’s positioning within its commercial environment
- Operational due diligence: reviewing the operational aspects of a company in the context of mergers and acquisitions
Acquisition due diligence
Acquisition due diligence provides a prospective purchaser with objective information about the target and assesses the risks of the anticipated transaction. The results of our analysis may therefore support the purchaser in negotiations with the target and adjusting the proposed purchase price.
Vendor due diligence
Our team is involved at the initial stage of the sale process to help you achieve a fully priced and clean exit.
We also provide support through the transaction process, working closely with our clients’ other advisors (for example, in relation to the sale and purchase agreements) to protect value and manage risk. We recommend commercial and contractual remedies to challenges identified during the vendor due diligence process.
We can help ensure that your vendor due diligence reports provide a consistent sales message, whilst maintaining a robust and independent view which will instil confidence in the potential buyers.
Deloitte offers a wide range of value-added services to support clients in their sale process. We have developed a vendor assistance service that mitigates potential impediments to the sale whilst de-risking and shortening the transaction process. This can be a precursor to a vendor due diligence depending on the specific circumstances of the transaction.
We provide value-added services, including:
- Accounting advisory services
- Separation and carve-out
- Preparation of data books
- Data room support
- Operational and commercial reviews
- Advice on defined benefit plans
- Project management
- Risk review
- Sale and purchase agreement advice
- Tax vendor assistance
- Vendor modelling