Mergers & Acquisitions Lead Advisory
We help clients develop appropriate growth strategies based on their goals, and get prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition, or divestiture process.
Deloitte’s corporate finance specialists have the insight and experience to advise investors through each stage of the mergers & acquisitions process. We help clients develop appropriate growth strategies based on their goals, so they will be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition, or divestiture process. From strategy to integration or divestiture, we recommend established strategies and solutions to help provide the confidence and support clients need to achieve their unique growth objectives.
We advise on all aspects of M&A strategy, planning, and deal execution -- and provide access to an international network of contacts, in-depth industry knowledge and local market insight.
Clients can depend on our specialist teams to lead or support transactions requiring specific expertise on issues including business modelling, fast-track M&A, economic consulting, and government/public sector advice. With our experience, knowledge, and tools, we deliver insights and advice that can help clients avoid the many pitfalls of complex deals and benefit from an M&A transaction that can meet stakeholder targets and expectations.
Our team can assists you in:
- Acquisitions of companies and businesses
- Sale of companies or businesses: mandated sales/controlled auctions
- Raising finance (equity and debt) for acquisitions
- Distressed M&A: buying or selling companies in financial distress
- Leveraged buy-out (LBO) | Leveraged buy-in (LBI)
Sell-side advisory services
Whether you plan to sell all or part of your business, we can bring significant industry knowledge and local market experience from around the globe to your transaction. Clients turn to us for our experience in assisting companies to execute transactions, from initial planning and marketing, through due diligence, sale purchase agreement (SPA) / asset purchase agreement (APA), negotiations, closing, and post-closing.
We help anticipate and address issues that arise, and provide clients with mergers & acquisitions advice helping them pursue change through strategic transactions. When needed, we coordinate with other Deloitte consulting, integration, and tax professionals to provide transaction support and post-transaction support.
Our sell-side services include:
- Analyzing shareholder alternatives
- Range of value analysis
- Identifying qualified strategic and financial buyers globally
- Developing marketing materials
- Execute competitive marketing processes
- Coordinating management presentations with client selected acquirers
- Assisting with transaction structuring, negotiations and closing
Buy-side advisory services
We serve in lead Financial Advisory roles and support transactions with a range of advisory and specialized buy-side transaction support that help clients create and act upon opportunities for growth.
We assist clients across the buy-side lifecycle and coordinate with Deloitte’s broader mergers & acquisitions practice to provide technical due diligence and contract review before a deal closes and post-transaction integration services that help clients realize the benefits of their strategic transaction.
Our buy-side services include:
- Assisting management in establishing acquisition goals and criteria
- Performing target evaluation and financial modelling
- Conducting range of value analyses and competitive assessments
- Assisting with bid preparations
- Evaluating and arranging financing alternatives
- Assisting with negotiation, structuring and closing of the transaction (i.e. merger, acquisition or divestiture) with the seller and financing source