Transfer Pricing Tax Consultant (m/f)
Join our team
Join our tax team in Slovenia and work in young and dynamic international environment assisting our clients in documenting their value chain and international transactions and helping them adhere to all transfer pricing regulations.
Transfer pricing – the discipline around prices applied between group companies – is under high scrutiny from the tax authorities. Many Governments believe there is significant additional revenue that could be collected by challenging intercompany prices, under the suspicion that some may attempt to artificially shift profits from high tax to low tax countries. This explains the sharp increase in volume of transfer pricing regulations. Deloitte’s Transfer Pricing team helps large multinational companies manage their transfer pricing related policies and risks. The team assists clients in aligning heir transfer pricing policies with their global business operations and objectives, in preparing strategic documentation to support their transfer pricing practices, and in resolving transfer pricing disputes with the tax authorities. Most of the team members have a master in a business related discipline such as law or economics, complemented by an additional degree. Deloitte Tax is one of the top tax firms in Slovenia.
As Transfer Pricing Consulting Junior, you will
- advise clients on transfer pricing tax aspects for a wide range of transactions and business operations, including:
- preparation of transfer pricing documentation in line with the international guidelines;
- preparation of benchmarking and economic analyses for various types of transactions;
- analysis of the value chain in view of the establishment of the most appropriate transfer pricing structure for the business;
- assistance in obtaining advanced pricing agreements, in transfer pricing audits and in arbitration or mutual agreement procedures.
- have the opportunity to learn about different business models in different industries, including long term strategies;
- work in a team with experienced people fostering on the job training. A buddy and a counsellor will assist you with daily practicalities and along your career track;
- have access to a broad range of learning opportunities, tax, financial and business related databases;
- attend client meetings together with more experienced colleagues;
- have exposure to top and influential specialists, many of whom teach at university, speak at tax conferences and / or are involved in think tanks run by government or professional organisations.
In the first years of your career you will expand your technical knowledge. You will be involved in transfer pricing advisory work, perform benchmark analyses and assist clients in preparing transfer pricing documentation.
You will work in a team of experienced professionals who will coach you on the job. They will be eager to share their technical expertise with you and help you develop your professional skills (client service; multi-tasking; time management; communication; …).
Gradually, you will be involved in more complex transfer pricing projects for a varied portfolio of clients. Your tasks will regularly change and your responsibility within the firm will increase. As you grow in your job, you will take on a more senior role, and you will have the opportunity to learn all about how to delegate tasks and coach your junior colleagues. As your proficiency in combining these various skill sets increases, you may become a manager and take the lead on projects, become a business advisor for clients, and continue to develop your managerial competences.
Your educational background and experience
You have a Master in Accountancy-Taxation or a Master in a business related discipline such as Law or Economics or a comparable background. A Postgraduate or complementary Master qualification in Tax is a strong asset.
At least 2-3 years of experience in tax or accounting would be ideal, experience in Transfer pricing is a strong asset, Big4 or similar experience preferred.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV in English to CEHRAdriaticHR@deloittece.com not later than April 30, 2017.
PUT IN SUBJECT LINE: TP CNS SLO FY18 as title.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!