Predict. Detect. Respond.
We help organizations predict and detect fraud risks. We review and investigate suspicions of fraud, and unethical behaviour by employees or third parties. An early response to reported fraudulent behaviour can reduce financial and reputational damage. Find out how to deal with such situations.
Helping clients navigate uncertainty
Given the enormous impact of fraudulent activities on business, more than ever before it is vital to respond to suspected fraudulent behaviour in a timely manner and to have access to experienced fraud investigators.
The inability to detect and adequately respond to these threats can cause significant financial and reputational damage to any organization. Ignoring or tolerating fraudulent behaviour increases the risk of spreading unethical behaviour among employees and increasing the damage.
Causes for concern
- Do you suspect fraud or misconduct has been conducted at your company?
- Do you face the risk of external or internal fraud, or suspect this could happen?
- Are you concerned about the effectiveness of your control systems in place, or that you intend to implement at your firm, regarding preventing and detecting financial crimes, fraud, misconduct and financial loss?
- Do you need support for securing and collecting evidence, analysing data, and identifying indicators of misconduct activity?
- Do you have concerns about compliance with legal and regulatory requirements or their implementation?
- Are you planning compliance audits?
- Do you have concerns that your purchases could be overpriced?
- Do you have concerns about your employees — their conduct, honesty or integrity?
- Do you suspect the existence of contracts that could be disadvantageous or loss making for your company?
- Have you reviewed potential conflicts of interest regarding candidates for high-risk positions?
If you find yourself asking any of these questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
As a leader in forensics, Deloitte can help you manage the risk and vulnerabilities that come from corruption, fraud, and other threats. We help our clients analyse allegations of financial mismanagement, address whistleblower allegations, respond to government regulatory requests, and prevent or detect problems before they cause extensive damage to your organization.
How we can help
We have in-depth experience of assisting clients with transforming critical and complex issues into opportunities for resilience and long-term advantage. Thanks to the deep, collaborative relationships we build, client trusts us with their most sensitive issues, including:
- Analysing allegations of corporate fraud
- Analysing potential financial mismanagement
- Addressing whistleblower allegations
- Responding to government regulatory requests
- Preventing or detecting problems before they occur
We specialize in both investigation and fraud prevention which, combined with a proven forensic approach, practical experience, forensic methodology, and advanced analytics, makes it possible to provide an assessment of the situation, determining how it occurred, who is responsible, when and how the fraud was committed, and the extent of the damage caused by the misconduct. We enable clients to respond appropriately to situations and take the necessary steps to reduce the risk of their recurrence. Our support also includes proposals for corrective and preventive measures to strengthen current controls and processes.