Middle East TMT predictions 2013 | Deloitte Middle East | TMT | Articles | predictions has been added to your bookmarks.
Middle East TMT predictions 2013
Get an in-depth view
What makes Predictions unique is the methodology and depth of perspective gained from conversations with industry leaders across the globe.
The TMT prediction report is produced annually based on the methodology and depth of perspective gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe.
The report, now in its 12th year, is compiled through a series of interviews with Deloitte clients and practitioners covering a range of topics, from the continued dominance of personal computers (PCs) as measured by usage despite inferior sales relative to smart devices, a surge in LTE launches, and data access, to smartphones and the vulnerability of passwords.
Additional highlights of this year’s TMT predictions to impact the Middle East marketplace in 2013 include:
- “Mobile advertising” thrives, led by tablets, but smartphone display lags
- A billion smartphones should ship for the first time ever
- A strong year for LTE, but end-game strategies of regional operators are as yet unclear
- Dual screening readies for prime time
- PC is not dead, it’s about usage and not units
- The looming spectrum shortage : Spectrum harmonization and re-farming critical to growth
- Over-the –top may lift broadcasters and distributors more than pure plays