Last revised: 8 August 2023
Deloitte.com is comprised of various individual global, country, regional, or practice specific websites, each of which is provided by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL") or one of its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte Network"). These individual websites are designated in the upper right hand corner of each webpage. Please see About Deloitte for a more detailed description of the Deloitte Network.
This Privacy Statement applies only to Deloitte in Thailand (“we”, “us”, or “our”), which includes Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Jaiyos Co., Ltd. and other related entities in Thailand.
We are a privacy conscious global organization, and this Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, store, disclose or transfer (collectively referred to as “Process” or “Processing”) your personal data and protect your personal data gathered via this Website in relation to in accordance with the Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (A.D. 2019) (“PDPA”).
When we refer to “this Website”, we are referring to specific webpages associated with Deloitte in Thailand. This includes:
- Pages accessed using the www.deloitte.com URL that are labelled as "Location: Thailand" in the upper right hand corner;
- Pages, blogs, forums, wikis or other social media applications associated with us; and
- Communications issued by us that link directly to this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement also applies to your personal data in the possession of organizations who are not our affiliates and are third parties which we have engaged to Process the personal data for our purposes stated in the Privacy Statement.
By using this Website, you acknowledge the use of your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement.
Please note that the other country, regional and practice specific websites contained within Deloitte.com are provided by other entities within the Deloitte Network and are not provided by us. Such websites, as well as other websites that may be linked to this Website, are not governed by this Privacy Statement. We encourage visitors to review each of these other website's privacy statements before disclosing any personal data.
This Privacy Statement may be supplemented or amended from time to time by privacy statements that are specific to certain areas of this Website (e.g., recruitment). For more detail about the online recruitment process, please review the specific statement governing that area.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact webmaster services using the contact us link.
Personal data collection
We will collect your personal data only if it is necessary and we have proper reasons to Process your Personal Data. Such personal data may consist of, but is not limited to, the following data:
- Personal Details: Name and surname, nickname, gender, date of birth, nationality, marital status, signature, username, etc.;
- Contact Details: Addresses, telephone and fax numbers, IP addresses, mobile numbers, email addresses, etc.;
- Employment Details: Occupations, title or position, etc.;
- Identification Details: Identification number or passport number, or other similar information issued by official government;
- Marketing and Communications Details: Your preferences in receiving marketing details from us and your preference if you are happy for us to share your personal data with any third parties, including your communication preferences, etc.;
- Financial Details: Bank accounts, debit or credit card details, etc.; and
- Other Details: Browser type and language, mobile device, operating system, access times or referring website addresses, search terms used by you to reach the Website, etc.
We may also store and maintain any personal data that you provide, including but not limited to, on any blogs, forums, wikis and other Social Media Applications.
We do not usually seek to Process any sensitive personal data (e.g., data relating to race or ethnic, religion, beliefs, criminal record, political opinion, physical or mental health, sexual orientation, etc.) from you. We will, where necessary, obtain your explicit consent to collect such sensitive personal data.
If you are required to provide us with any personal data relating to third parties, you agree to notify such third parties that we may Process their personal data and of the terms of this Privacy Statement as well as obtaining their consents in accordance with the PDPA and form designated by us (if necessary).
Generally, we may Process your personal data you voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your use of this Website, including but not limited to, the following methods:
- When you visit this Website;
- When you create an account with us;
- When you enter our competitions or promotions;
- When you contact us with queries, requests or complaints;
- When you respond to our surveys; and
- When you sign up for newsletters and marketing activities from us.
Personal data usage
We will use your Personal Data only if it is necessary and we have proper reasons to Process the Personal Data, and we may Process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create and administer your online account with us;
- To verify your identity;
- To administer our competitions or promotions which you have entered into;
- To respond to your queries, requests or complaints;
- To communicate with you;
- To maintain and update your contact information;
- To explore your interests on our products and/or services and develop marketing activities;
- To contact you with marketing communications and offers relating to our products and/or services, whether or not we have analyzed to meet your specific needs;
- To improve and assure a quality of this Website;
- To protect our businesses and your account from fraud and other illegal activities;
- To manage a relationship between you and us; and
- To protect or enforce our legal rights.
We may process your personal data to fulfill the above purposes based on the following legal bases:
- To meet our contractual obligations with you under any agreements we enter into with you or to take any necessary steps before entering into such agreements;
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example, to accommodate you with your rights available under the PDPA, to report to the authorities as required by laws, to defend our legal rights, etc.; and
- To exercise our rights or protect our legitimate interests, for example, to further communicate with you, to understand your needs, to provide a security, etc.
If consent is required for the Processing of personal data, we will specifically request it from you and your choice not to give us consent will not affect your request to use this Website.
If you fail to provide the personal data we request, we may not be able to provide our services to you (for example, to allow you to use the Website or create the account with us).
In addition, we shall notify and seek your consent (if necessary) before Processing the personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
Personal data disclosure
We will share your personal data only if it is necessary and we have proper reasons to Process the personal data, and we may need to share your personal data for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement with others, including but not limited to:
- Sub-contractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide the services to us, including their employees, sub-contractors, service providers, directors and officers;
- Anyone who provides instructions or operates on your behalf, e.g., Power of Attorney, lawyers, etc.;
- Any people or companies where required in connection with a potential or actual corporate restructuring, merger, acquisition or takeover, including any transfer or potential transfer of any of our rights or duties under our agreement with you;
- Law enforcement, government, courts, dispute resolution bodies, regulators, auditors and any parties appointed or requested to carry out investigations or audits of our activities;
- Other parties involved in any disputes;
- Fraud prevention agencies who will also use it to detect and prevent fraud and other financial crime and to verify your identity; and/or
- Anybody else that we have been instructed to share your Personal Data with by you.
In addition, we may transfer certain personal data to other countries, including the countries where Deloitte Network is located. When we transfer your personal data to overseas, we will ensure that those countries have an appropriate level of personal data protection and the transfers are lawful.
Blogs, forums, wikis and other social media
This Website may host various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media applications or services that allow you to share content with other users (collectively Social Media Applications). Any personal data or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Applications can be read, collected, and used by other users of that Social Media Applications over whom we have little or no control. Therefore, we are not responsible for any other user’s use, misuse, or misappropriation of any personal data or other information that you contribute to any Social Media Application.
Personal data retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as the personal data is reasonably required to fulfil the Processing purpose specified in this Privacy Statement and as required by applicable laws. We will delete, destroy or anonymize the personal data once Processed once its retention is no longer serve the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Statement, or until you request us to delete it and we are able to do so.
Under the PDPA, you have the right to access and/or obtain a copy of, correct, request for erasure and/or transfer of, and object or restrict the Processing of your personal data. If we rely on your consent for the Processing of the personal data collected, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to related government entities under the PDPA.
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal data provided by you via this Website from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of personal data, in compliance with the PDPA.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may modify or amend this Privacy Statement from time to time at our discretion. When we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page, and such modified or amended Privacy Statement shall be effective as to you and your personal data as of that revision date. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed about how we are Processing and protecting your personal data.
Children's privacy protection
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy. This Website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children under the age of 20. It is our policy to Process the personal data of anyone under the age of 20 in accordance with the PDPA.
If you wish to exercise your rights relating to your personal data or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Privacy Statement while using this Website, please direct them to webmaster services using the contact us link.