Life at Deloitte
National Finance Careers
Providing strategic advice and support services to both the client facing and internal functions.
We have a multi-discipline team of qualified accountants, highly qualified technical experts and non-qualified support staff.
We are recognised as a trusted business partner and valued by the business as a provider of:
- Exceptional service
- Sound financial analysis and advice
- Accurate and timely information
- Robust, scalable and reliable financial systems and processes.
We have a multi-discipline team of qualified accountants, highly qualified technical experts and non-qualified support staff. We value the range of experience and cultural diversity that we have in our team.
“Deloitte is a great place to start your career with room for progression and recognition for your hard efforts. I like the fact that we are given the freedom, trust and empowerment in the finance team to make what we want of ourselves and also have the opportunity to direct the team to success”.
- Jennifer Nguyen, Consultant, Sydney
Group Finance - The Group Finance team provides:
- Technical and financial accounting support (balance sheet account reconciliation & control, statutory accounting, and board reporting)
- Treasury support (finance facility administration, cashflow forecasting and bank compliance reporting)
- Tax compliance support for BAS and FBT
- Fixed asset management
- Payroll services.
The team also provides debtor management support, accounts payable and expense claim review and attest. The team is based in the Parramatta office and Hyderabad.
Business Systems - The Business Systems team provides:
- System administration and master file management for key Deloitte finance applications (eTime, Smartnet, PeopleSoft)
- System troubleshooting and support (including data integration/interface issues)
- User training and support
- Data integration for mergers and acquisitions.
The team also consists of a number of business intelligence specialists who are responsible for the development and support of firm wide BI applications. The team is based in the Sydney office and in Hyderabad.
Service Line Finance - The Service Line Finance team provides:
- Financial and commercial support to the service line operations (both client facing and Internal Corporate Services)
- Manage the firm-wide budgeting and forecasting process
- Work closely with the service line leaders and COO’s providing monthly reviews and reporting
- Assistance with service line strategic initiatives and compliance monitoring.
The team also provide Deloitte Global reporting and compliance, and undertakes ad-hoc reviews relating to service line or firm-wide issues. The team is based in the Sydney and Melbourne offices.
Continuous learning - We have a strong commitment to technical learning both through on-the-job mentoring and formal study. In addition you will gain commercial accounting experience within a top tier professional services firm.