Queensland Business Outlook May 2017
A silver lining
A Deloitte Access Economics quarterly review on the global, Australian and Queensland business environment.
- Subscribe to the Queensland Business Outlook
- Download the report
- Contact us
- Follow us on Twitter
Queensland Business Outlook
This report is a Deloitte Access Economics review of the global, Australian and Queensland business environment. Subscibe to the Queensland Business Outlook to get the report delivered straight to your inbox each quarter.
Receive the Queensland Business Outlook
Highlights from December report:
- Queensland’s economic growth is solid with gas and coking coal exports making strong contributions to our growth
- Household and government consumption and spend is up 6.1% overall pushing state final demand into positive territory - up 1.8%
- But the ‘feel-good’ factor is yet to kick in despite employment up marginally by 0.6%
- In focus: Agriculture Queensland’s more than 30,500 businesses involved in agricultural contribute more than $10bn to the economy p.a
- In focus: The economic cost and social impact of natural disasters Cyclone Debbie wreaked havoc over much of Queensland when it hit at the end of March. Given the billions of dollars in tangible costs to individuals, businesses and governments, natural disasters also have an equivalent and sometimes even greater social cost that often persists over lifetimes.