Global aerospace and defense industry outlook 2019 has been saved
Global aerospace and defense industry outlook 2019
Aerospace and defense industry trends
The aerospace and defense (A&D) industry is positioned for strong, global growth. What is in store for large original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) as well as small- to mid-sized A&D companies in 2019? This publication from Deloitte US explores the factors driving growth in both the commercial aerospace and defense sectors in Deloitte’s 2019 Global Aerospace and Defense Outlook, a take from Robin Lineberger, Global and US Aerospace and Defense leader, Deloitte Consulting LLP.
In 2018, the global aerospace and defense (A&D) industry recuperated and experienced a solid year as passenger travel demand strengthened and global military expenditure continued to rise. The industry is expected to continue its growth trajectory in 2019, led by growing commercial aircraft production and strong defense spending.
This outlook reviews the performance of the A&D industry in 2018 and forecasts its growth in the coming years. It also outlines performance across major A&D markets and discusses trends that will impact the industry.
- The commercial aircraft order backlog is at its peak of more than 14,000—with about 38,000 aircraft expected to be produced globally over the next 20 years
- Geopolitical tensions are continuing to intensify and demand for military equipment is on the uptick, driving defense spending across the globe
- Changes in the international trade agreements likely to disrupt the global supply chain and increase costs
- M&A activity to remain strong as pressure on suppliers to reduce costs and increase production rates continues
- Though A&D industry growth is primarily led by the United States, few other regions including China, France, India, Japan, the Middle East, and the UK, will be contributing to the industry’s performance in the near term.
2019 global aerospace and defense industry outlo
Download the report