Reduce compliance costs, increase control effectiveness and coverage, and build a more robust control environment
Control Self-Assessment (CSA) is a technique utilised by organisations who wish to gain better oversight of their internal control environment. This is achieved through gathering firsthand evidence from the frontline proving the existence of, and effectiveness of, internal controls. Deloitte offers an Australian hosted, cloud-based platform to facilitate a Control Self-Assessment (CSA Tool).
How does the CSA Tool provide value?
The CSA Tool reduces the time and effort required to facilitate Control Self-Assessments. Positive outcomes can be achieved through the use of the CSA Tool to identify business areas where control activities may be weak, non-existent or lacking evidence. The CSA Tool assists those individuals charged with governance to take appropriate actions to reduce risk in vulnerable areas.
Who is it for?
Any client who:
- Currently does not perform a Control Self-Assessment
- Currently uses a costly and cumbersome process to perform their Control Self-Assessment
- Is concerned insufficient evidence is gathered around effectiveness of existing controls
- Is interested in building a more robust control environment
- Does not want to implement a costly enterprise GRC platform.
- Digital Solution: Avoids cumbersome spreadsheets and archaic paper based processes. The CSA Tool is easy to use, intuitive and flexible; reducing the administrative burden usually associated with large scale Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) platforms
- Compliance Costs: Reduce compliance costs through the use of a digital platform and thereby decreasing the need for global travel and deployment of individuals for site visits
- Cloud Based: As a cloud-based product, the Deloitte CSA Tool is able to stand alone from existing applications. This offsets the need for costly integration with existing systems and additional investment in infrastructure
- Scalable solution: As an Australian hosted, cloud based, Software as a Service product, the CSA Tool is mobile and accessible on a global scale. No integration required
- Interactive Reporting: Tailor reports to identify opportunities for control improvement. Share information with the Board and Audit Committee to demonstrate efforts being taken to improve the control environment.
How to move up the CSA Value Chain