Managing Partner, Northern Territory
Karen has been with the Deloitte Darwin office for over 23 years and has been a partner of the firm for over 15 years. Karen has over 29 years’ experience in Chartered Accountancy, predominantly in tax and business advisory services.
During her time in professional accounting Karen has had responsibility for accounting and providing taxation advice to a diverse range of private business and corporate clients and has formulated appropriate business plans and financial strategies. Karen also acts as an advisory board member on a number of emerging companies in the Northern Territory advising on strategic issues including financial strategies, business plan preparation, operations and profitability improvement.
Responsible for a portfolio of small to large sized clients engaged in offshore support services, construction and property development, manufacturing, and pastoral activities.
Karen is experienced in:
- Advising on income tax matters including appropriate structuring of transactions such as purchase or sale of business, and capital gains tax issues
- Advising on Goods and Services Tax (GST), Fringe Benefits, Stamp Duty, Pay As You Go (PAYG) and Payroll Tax Matters
- Management consulting services, including strategic planning, financing of activities, Cashflow planning, operations improvement, market planning and profitability improvement
- Development with clients and preparation of business plans
- Preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001 and Australian Accounting Standards requirements.