Oil and Gas Reality Check 2015
A look at the top issues facing the oil and gas sector
Deloitte’s Global Energy & Resources group is delighted to introduce its 2015 report which focuses on six challenges impacting the oil and gas sector globally (and the upstream market in particular).
In terms of an overarching theme, the 2015 Oil and Gas Reality Check highlights that industry fundamentals are being called into question: declining oil prices have taken their toll on the industry; North America’s ongoing move towards energy independence continues to reverberate across world markets; OPEC is under pressure; predictions for global energy trade are evolving; and the growth of megaprojects is losing speed.
Issues covered in the report:
- Shift in supply-demand fundamentals
- New trade patterns emerging
- OPEC: under pressure
- LNG prices: a buyer’s market
- Investing in innovation: the cost of complexity
- National and integrated oil companies: evolving dynamics